• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Complete Left panel not showing on the admin panel

sunnybutt222

14 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

Contact your host and ask them for assistance with a file restore, from just before the problem started.

Looks like you either deleted files, or uploaded to wrong locations.

this is the problem man, I don't remember at all when the problem was started, its a long time ago. And i did talk to the host guy, they ask they are nothing to do with the server.. so the problem with your files in cpanel.. :( :( :( 

On 5/13/2019 at 8:32 PM, Dan Cole said:

1) osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 

2) i have using Responsive version( just check on your given website)

3) it is the existing store 

4) php version is 5.2.17

5) I have no idea what happen with my admin panel, But my complete left panel not showing up there(see attached image). also the file coulumn_left.php is on my server but when i tried to access this file through URL so its giving me this error (see secoind image attached)

forums.png

Capture-404-error.PNG

You're not getting a "404" error. You're getting a 401 or maybe 403 error. The 404 is because your site doesn't have a 401.shtml or like error handler, and is relying on the default. I'm not sure whether in "normal" times you can directly call column_left.php like that. In any case, go to your hosting control panel and check that column_left.php is present in the right place, looks like it has content, and has the same permissions as other PHP files.

PHP 5.2 is so old it's fossilized. No one should be running any site on less that 7.1 these days, and to run that, your osC needs to be upgraded to at least "Frozen" (2.3.4.1BS). At least, you should be making preparations NOW to get up to date.

From your questions and answers, it sounds like you know very little about the state of your site or how to maintain it. You'd better find someone local who knows their way around a website, and can deal with these things. Don't let them pressure you into switching to another ecommerce platform, without giving osC a chance. Most consultants have one or two stores they know, and will pressure clients into switching to one they know. Try to find someone at least willing to work with osC.

4 hours ago, sunnybutt222 said:

2) i have using Responsive version( just check on your given website)

3) it is the existing store 

4) php version is 5.2.17

I haven't read through this thread so please excuse me if this has been stated. But the minimum requirement for the Responsive version of oscommerce is 5.4, as I recall

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived