• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Complete Left panel not showing on the admin panel

sunnybutt222

Check that you have correct paths to your js scripts in admin/includes/template_top.php

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.css', '', 'SSL'); ?>">
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/jquery-1.11.1.min.js', '', 'SSL'); ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.js', '', 'SSL'); ?>"></script>

Exactly what version of osCommerce are you running? Did your host just upgrade the PHP version, or make any other changes? Did you make any changes? Do the "last updated" timestamps on your files show any sign that someone's been messing around with your site?

If your last admin login was 2 years ago, I'm going to guess that you're still on the official osC release (probably 2.3.4). If your host just updated PHP to 7.x, your store is obsolete and is going to break badly. You will need to migrate to osC 2.3.4.1BS "Frozen" (plus patches -- see links in my signature below).

@MrPhil Thanks for the reply, 

this is the my OScommerce version right now Oscommerce online Merchant v2.3.4

and the login was not 2 years old, admin panel open continuously time to time, 

Phil, if you still think i should upgrade to Frozen + Patches, then it will be safe for my website, I mean u sure i will not lose anything from website, 

Sorry about that, basically I am very new on the OScommerce. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Check that you have correct paths to your js scripts in admin/includes/template_top.php

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.css', '', 'SSL'); ?>">
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/jquery-1.11.1.min.js', '', 'SSL'); ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.js', '', 'SSL'); ?>"></script>

this is what i see on my template_top.php 

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.23.css'); ?>">
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/jquery-1.7.2.min.js'); ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.23.min.js'); ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/colorpicker/colorpicker.js'); ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/colorpicker/eye.js', '', 'SSL'); ?>"></script>

Is that correct ??

21 minutes ago, sunnybutt222 said:

Is that correct ??

The question is are they active! use your browser when on admin page to view source code then click on the js file links and see if they open

these are the 2 to check

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/jquery-1.7.2.min.js'); ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.23.min.js'); ?>"></script>

26 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

The question is are they active! use your browser when on admin page to view source code then click on the js file links and see if they open

these are the 2 to check

NOT FOUND.. 

404 error, 

What should i do ??

You need to go to your public_html/your admin/includes/template_top.php

and check that the path to these files is the same as the true path on your server public_html/ext/jquery

You will probably fin the path may have changed so look for them.

The admin menu is driven my  column_left.php   which is called in /public_html/youradmin/includes/template_top.php

make sure the path to this is also set corectly in your admin configure.php file.

<?php
  if (tep_session_is_registered('admin')) {
    include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php');
  } else {
?>

@sunnybutt222 I visited your site.

Since your site is responsive (the screen layout changes depending on the screen size), you are probably using the Community Edition of osCommerce. Looking at your configuration file, I'll guess you are running an early-ish version of the Community Edition, say, several years old.

You didn't say, but did the left panel in your admin ever work? If so, when did it stop working? And, what changed in your shop at that time? Did you change hosts? Or, did your host change anything (like, upgrading the version of PHP they are running)?

M

1 minute ago, ArtcoInc said:

@sunnybutt222 I visited your site.

Since your site is responsive (the screen layout changes depending on the screen size), you are probably using the Community Edition of osCommerce. Looking at your configuration file, I'll guess you are running an early-ish version of the Community Edition, say, several years old.

You didn't say, but did the left panel in your admin ever work? If so, when did it stop working? And, what changed in your shop at that time? Did you change hosts? Or, did your host change anything (like, upgrading the version of PHP they are running)?

M

i don't know about that but yes i can't see me left panel from long time. my website is all working fine store is working fine.. but only i can't see the left admin panel.

What should i do ?? Any recommendations???

@sunnybutt222

1) I sent you a PM

2) I compared your configuration file with one on one of my older sites (I'm *assuming* that this is the configuration file in the admin side of the store). The only thing I see different between yours and mine is that the definitions in your DIR_WS_CATALOG and DIR_FS_CATALOG are swapped. But, I don't know if that would cause the problem you are having.

M

2 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

@sunnybutt222

1) I sent you a PM

2) I compared your configuration file with one on one of my older sites (I'm *assuming* that this is the configuration file in the admin side of the store). The only thing I see different between yours and mine is that the definitions in your DIR_WS_CATALOG and DIR_FS_CATALOG are swapped. But, I don't know if that would cause the problem you are having.

M

Hmm, so what should i do.. I am having some very serious issue regarding this.. 

Are you sure only this is the problem we have, i mean my jquerry files also not open on view source of the page. i don't know why but its working fine yesterday but its not working today, Its says 404 Error 

2 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

As I asked before, if it worked before, and doesn't now, what has changed? You may need to ask your host if they changed anything.

M

Okay I will ask them later, someone here already told me to ask them to what PHP version they are using.. you think is that an issue ?? 

3 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

You need to go to your public_html/your admin/includes/template_top.php

and check that the path to these files is the same as the true path on your server public_html/ext/jquery

You will probably fin the path may have changed so look for them.

The admin menu is driven my  column_left.php   which is called in /public_html/youradmin/includes/template_top.php

make sure the path to this is also set corectly in your admin configure.php file.

<?php
  if (tep_session_is_registered('admin')) {
    include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php');
  } else {
?>

paths are all same there... 

also i can see this code in template_top.php

is that a good thing ?

@sunnybutt222

1 hour ago, sunnybutt222 said:

Okay I will ask them later, someone here already told me to ask them to what PHP version they are using.. you think is that an issue ?? 

Yes, if your host upgraded the version of PHP, it could/would give you problems (but not the issue with the left column in Admin).

M

1 hour ago, ArtcoInc said:

@sunnybutt222

Yes, if your host upgraded the version of PHP, it could/would give you problems (but not the issue with the left column in Admin).

M

ohhhh okay, I will keep in mind, 

but my first priority to resolve the left panel issue right now, do you think this problem coming from the server. should i contact them regarding this ??

Contact your host and ask them for assistance with a file restore, from just before the problem started.

Looks like you either deleted files, or uploaded to wrong locations.

6 hours ago, sunnybutt222 said:

is that a good thing ?

😊 hi sunnybutt222  😁 got to love the name man!

Answer in your pm. 😂 sorry but not able to keep straight face when talking to a sunny butt.....

12 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

😊 hi sunnybutt222  😁 got to love the name man!

Answer in your pm. 😂 sorry but not able to keep straight face when talking to a sunny butt.....

hahahaha, just read your message couple of times, and understand what is your meaning. LOL 😋

Its not like, just the way you thinking man, Its my last name.. :)

I just send you the reply in PM. Love the way you help me Brah !!!

Thanks

Archived