• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic free shipping calculated by shop but not valid

René H4

I have a strange incident here:

In my shop free shipping is set to 250 Euro's.

Now there is a custome that orders parts for euro 236.99, including 21% VAT.

The shop has said the shipping is free, but it shouldn't.

There are no "specials" in the list, so all are net/net prices.

Any hints or ideas?

55 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Which shipping type are you using to set free shipping table rate or somthing else?

Sorry, I use BS3 Frozen (May-18) Patches installed.

I set the free shipping in the shop (can't find it right now) Where it says "free shipping for order above"  or something like that.

Next to that I use zone-shipping. 

(Next to zone-shipping I use Flat-Rate shipping set to allways zero: I use that for customers picking up orders in my shop in the flesh)

I was able to replicate the bug with the input of this topic, and after installing the fix in checkout_shipping the bug was gone.

Still remains the question if this is a good fix or not? 🙂 I have asked Gary.

If the 236.99 € amount includes VAT and any other taxes, could the free shipping calculation be adding in taxes (VAT) a second time? 236.99 + 21% (49.77) is 286.76 € , which would be over the minimum.

@@MrPhil If I understand correct what happens is that the shippingcost is calculated based on order total. When klicking OK in checkout shipping order_total includes the shippingcost.

So when going thought the process again order_total exceeds Euro 250 so shipping is free (in my case).

I thing VAT is not involved in the mistake, I ship free when orders exceed 250 Euro including VAT.

(This may not be the answer to you remark.)

Since VAT is a tax, I was wondering if osC was adding it in again (not realizing that it was already in the 236.99 € figure) and ending up with an amount over 250 € , by mistake. That's where I would start looking in the code, at tax treatment.

Archived