• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal email customer download link

Fabian_Pruitt

Hi

First post, so I hope it's in the right place.

I have 2 Paypal accounts, 1 ordinary and the other for business. From the business one I want to set up a 'Pay Now' button, but I want Paypal to send the customer who uses the button, an email with a download link instead of sending the customer back to the success page on my website. As I'm selling loads of digital products that are stored on my Google drive this would be the best method.

I know how to set up the button on the site, but not getting Paypal to send the email. Is there somewhere on Paypal where I can do this or is there another method.

Thanks for any help here.

Fabian.

Hi Fabiam, welcome here!

I simply use a paypal.me link in the conformation message. No stress that the interface will not work. The only thing that can go wrong is the fact that the customer has to fill in the amount himself. The is a way to get that into the code I thing but I haven't been anble to figure this out yet.

HtH

51 minutes ago, René H4 said:

The only thing that can go wrong is the fact that the customer has to fill in the amount himself.

Even if you figure out how to fill in the amount yourself, always check that the proper amount has been remitted, before releasing the product for download. Assume the customer can figure out how to alter the amount (it's trivial if it's passed in a GET string).

17 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

Even if you figure out how to fill in the amount yourself, always check that the proper amount has been remitted, before releasing the product for download. Assume the customer can figure out how to alter the amount (it's trivial if it's passed in a GET string).

That's what I have my bookkeeping for... 🙂

Archived