• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Marketplace Category/Version Cleanup

2 hours ago, raiwa said:

Phoenix is on the official download site:

My point is that Phoenix is not the official osC release, and thus will never be picked up by one-button installers (Softaculous, etc.). It would be great for Phoenix (or even, Frozen) to be on such installers, but my experience has been that they go with what is labeled the "official" release. Thus, newbies will continue to install the obsolete 2.3.4.1 and have to be told that they should have installed something else. Frankly, this makes everyone associated with osC look stupid.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and for anyone downloading Official osC if you do wish to use only an Official version tthen talk to one of the osc partners or an independent developer for best advice.

Most osC shops still run on Official software.

Just for a bit of fun I download Official again and had a go at making it responsive, only spent about 30 min on it so it's not perfect but will show what is posiable, I'm sure a profesional developer could do a better job and make it PHP7.2 at the same time.

It's plain old osC site no fancy template. Was done using the Unsemantic CSS framework.  https://unsemantic.com/about

You can check it out on the test site here https://jcmagpie.co.uk/

image.thumb.png.e4c38b86f179813c7962036925c5d840.png

36 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

Although BS4 is still the best option IMO.

Sure I agree with you, this was just a bit of fun to see what was required as I personaly have never used official 2.3.4.1, my last version was 2.2a  😊.

It's just that a lot of people are running official osC and have heavily modified shops, for some it may be a better option to just make the existing shop reponsive and php7.2 compliant than start all over again.

w3css look good may take a look at that as well.

The only issue I have with BS is it keeps dropping classes, would be fine if they kept backward compatability but they just don't , xs has been droped in 4 why? would have done no harm to keep it. I just dont see the need for this constant churn of versions, BS5 will be along soon and I bet it will do the same!

57 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

W3CSS is another framework i like working with:

Work's fine on official , but need work as it messes up the product info page, image no longer show but looks to be a bit smoother.

image.thumb.png.e4123ab0c6dd9a731719bda216383811.png

5 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Official is still Official and still listed in the latest version of softaculous

What's your point? The official osC 2.3.4.1 (found on every one-button installer) is not really PHP 7 ready (it starts having problems above 5.4 or so) and is non-responsive. The CE stream (Frozen/Edge/Phoenix) work with up to PHP 7.1, and are responsive. Plus, you get a lot of functional enhancements (such as improved modularity) along with the other things. I fail to see why it's better to put in all the work to upgrade an official site to PHP 7.x and responsive, when you could simply install something from CE and customize that with add-ons and CSS tweaking. If you made tremendous changes to your official osC store, and neglected to keep any record of what you did, well, you deserve the extra work. Even then, in the long run, it will be less work to start over from CE (looking at future upgrades).

@MrPhil

I think his point is the same as yours, that by not listing the CE as official, it won't be offered by the installers. I am a shopowner, and i don't want this "Phoenix" for my shop. So i make the effort of taking official osC and build it up to how i want it.

2 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

@MrPhil

I think his point is the same as yours, that by not listing the CE as official, it won't be offered by the installers. I am a shopowner, and i don't want this "Phoenix" for my shop. So i make the effort of taking official osC and build it up to how i want it.

But would you use it if it was released as official or for your sake of your pride would you still not use it.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Just now, 14steve14 said:

But would you use it if it was released as official or for your sake of your pride would you still not use it.

I said it before that i find it hard to believe that that version could be released as official.

15 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

Not bad for 30mins.

Ok   @Hotclutch  how's this for another 60 mins 😊 a quick update to the W3.css to get images working. W3css is good and as you said easy to use.

https://jcmagpie.co.uk/

This probably explains why most users have just stuck with the official software for their sites. I've just done this for fun I'm sure some one spending a day or two on it would get a much better result.

image.thumb.png.5cb0000326e77a7b15b5fa30e8e31ca9.png

@JcMagpie

Hi Zahid

includes/modules/boxes/bm_card_acceptance.php

replace:

function execute() {
      global $PHP_SELF, $oscTemplate;

if ( (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') && tep_not_null(MODULE_BOXES_CARD_ACCEPTANCE_LOGOS) ) {
        $output = '<div class="ui-widget infoBoxContainer">' .
                  '  <div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading">' . MODULE_BOXES_CARD_ACCEPTANCE_BOX_TITLE . '</div>' .
                  '  <div class="ui-widget-content infoBoxContents" style="text-align: center;">';

foreach ( explode(';', MODULE_BOXES_CARD_ACCEPTANCE_LOGOS) as $logo ) {
          $output .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'card_acceptance/' . basename($logo));
        }

$output .= '  </div>' .
                   '</div>';

$oscTemplate->addBlock($output, $this->group);
      }
    }

with:

function execute() {
      global $PHP_SELF, $oscTemplate;

if ( (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') && tep_not_null(MODULE_BOXES_CARD_ACCEPTANCE_LOGOS) ) {
        $output = '<div class="w3-card w3-margin-bottom">' .
                  '  <header class="w3-container w3-blue"><h6>' . MODULE_BOXES_CARD_ACCEPTANCE_BOX_TITLE . '</h6></header>' .
                  '  <div class="w3-container w3-center">';

foreach ( explode(';', MODULE_BOXES_CARD_ACCEPTANCE_LOGOS) as $logo ) {
          $output .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'card_acceptance/' . basename($logo));
        }

$output .= '  </div>' .
                   '</div>';

$oscTemplate->addBlock($output, $this->group);
      }
    }

maybe you can start a new thread to take this further, i will give you some tips if you want to produce something for the community.

Thanks but sorry Ashley  not for me, this was just a bit of fun to see what was involved and could be done. I'm sure the developers working with osC can do a much better job than this. I'm going to keep the site up and running so anyone intested can take a look.

Your right probably not the right thread to have this in but hey it's done now. I'll post in the main section then anyone intrested can take a look and add comments in that.

Sorry @Harald Ponce de Leon for hogging your thread feel free to remove.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Harald Ponce de Leon,  I hope you are very well!!!

When are you going to put a special label for Phoenix addons on the market? I understand that it is not very complicated and would be great for the development of Phoenix.

Currently there is almost no addon for Phoenix and the old addon none works ... that does not motivate new and old users to migrate to this magnificent new Phoenix version.

That is very necessary to get Phoenix to get off the ground and fly.

Best regards.

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2019 at 1:56 PM, valquiria23 said:

Hi @Harald Ponce de Leon,  I hope you are very well!!!

When are you going to put a special label for Phoenix addons on the market? I understand that it is not very complicated and would be great for the development of Phoenix.

Currently there is almost no addon for Phoenix and the old addon none works ... that does not motivate new and old users to migrate to this magnificent new Phoenix version.

That is very necessary to get Phoenix to get off the ground and fly.

Best regards.

Valqui

Thank you very much @Harald Ponce de Leon for listening to the community's requests !!! :heart:

This is a great support for Phoenix, now Phoenix can get off the ground and fly.
Let's continue working as a team to improve the community and OSC.

Regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Fantastic! 👍

This is a step in the right direction.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

It seemed for a number of years that the future of osCommerce was in jeopardy as new development was moving at a slow pace. However thanks to osCommerce users and community members it seems that an enthusiastic programmer community is now contributing to updating the program at a rapid rate.

Three cheers! To valquiria23 for being an amazing encourager, and I wish you the very best. It seems that there are now 43 Phoenix-compatible add-on’s in the Apps Marketplace Showcase that has been submitted by incredibly gifted souls such as JcMagpie, raiwa, peterpil19 and others, so “Thank You All For Your Hard Work, Dedication, And Talent.”

One can only imagine what unique feature add-ons will be coming shortly from other expert programmers such as Harald Ponce de Leon, Jan Zonjee, G Burton, Gergely Tóth, Daniel Brinkmann, John Doswell, Stefan Kanitz, Ingo Malchow, Henri Schmidhuber, Dan Cole, Fred, Jack, Jim Keebaugh, Lambros, Malcolm, and Phil.

1 hour ago, Dr. Mary Calaveris said:

One can only imagine what unique feature add-ons will be coming shortly from other expert programmers such as Harald Ponce de Leon, Jan Zonjee, G Burton, Gergely Tóth, Daniel Brinkmann, John Doswell, Stefan Kanitz, Ingo Malchow, Henri Schmidhuber, Dan Cole, Fred, Jack, Jim Keebaugh, Lambros, Malcolm, and Phil.

There you go people, we've been told off for not doing enough.  LOL

While the apps in the app markets are free to download and use,  it is certainly nice to have a facebook-like LIKE tagged to every app so that people can handily offer a LIKE to the contributors. I am sure people who download the apps and use them often find them useful and helpful and will like to show their appreciation to the contributors. After all, OSS is about being open, community effort and appreciation, and mutual encouragement to develop better code.

2 hours ago, Dr. Mary Calaveris said:

It seemed for a number of years that the future of osCommerce was in jeopardy as new development was moving at a slow pace. However thanks to osCommerce users and community members it seems that an enthusiastic programmer community is now contributing to updating the program at a rapid rate.

Three cheers! To valquiria23 for being an amazing encourager, and I wish you the very best. It seems that there are now 43 Phoenix-compatible add-on’s in the Apps Marketplace Showcase that has been submitted by incredibly gifted souls such as JcMagpie, raiwa, peterpil19 and others, so “Thank You All For Your Hard Work, Dedication, And Talent.”

What a load of old tosh. As this is someones first post I can only assume that they have been put up to it by someone. I can only guess who as its been a buzz for that one person to be negative and cause trouble where they can. A person that likes things for free and does little to give back.

I hope those mentioned take little notice of the negative comments from someone who clearly does not know what they are talking about. Without the work put in by all those listed as expert programmers osc would not be what it is today. Some of those named have moved on and good luck to them in what they do but without then we would all be worse off. May be those that instigated this post would like to give the same time to the project as others have in the past, then we can all see where we are in the future.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived