• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Marketplace Category/Version Cleanup

Hi All..

The categories and versions in the Apps Marketplace have been cleaned up as follows:

Versions

• v3.0 Alpha 5 and v3.0 versions vaulted

Categories

• Payment Modules renamed to Payment
  • Shipping Modules renamed to Shipping
  • Order Total Modules renamed to Order Processing
  • Credit Modules moved to Order Processing
  • Content Modules moved to Features
  • Zones moved to Other
  • Images moved to Other
  • InfoBoxes moved to Features
  • Reports moved to Features

:heart:, osCommerce

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks fine and makes more sence this way. Still need to look at the search function as it's often easier to use google search to find an add-on than the search in the apps market!

I do a search for "index page" and the first result is a 11 year old add-on that has nothing to do with index page?

image.thumb.png.e987f38e7333f6f1930be64d1d28edb0.png

I think the osC "search" only looks at the first word given (here, "index"), unlike a real Search Engine, which uses all the words. Maybe it should just call Google behind the scenes?

16 minutes ago, valquiria23 said:

In smaller devices, the search bar becomes smaller so that it is practically invisible and not very practical.

The next update will be pushed out this month and takes care of that 👍

:heart:, osCommerce

Hi Harald Ponce de Leon, Welcome back to oscommerce.
I hope you have understood that your next version of oscommerce must be a responsive version?
In the meanwhile please remove the old non-responsive version and upload a responsive demo of oscommerce on this website: https://demo.oscommerce.com
My suggestion is that you put up this version on your demo site: "osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE"
Frozen https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/2341-Frozen.zip
This is the best responsive oscommerce platform that is working and there is also many addons (contributions) made for this version.

For every minute your old demo of a NON-responsive oscommerce is showing on https://demo.oscommerce.com/ means that oscommerce is still dead and not updated so my suggestion is that you fix this as soon as possible and this will bring back people from all around the globe to the best open source e-commerce platform ever made.
The most fantastic thing is that while you had your vacation from oscommerce, programmers continued to develop oscommerce to keep it alive.
Many thanks to all programmers that have kept oscommerce alive during your vacation.

Hans, I already suggested in another thread that he immediately promote Frozen + patches to be the official osCommerce 2.5 (since 2.4 already has something out, and might be confusing). I agree that anything not responsive is dead meat, and also said that any product which goes more than 365 days between major updates is considered dead by the market. Let's see what happens (I'm not holding my breath).

osC 2.5.1 might be Gary's Edge with full BSv4 implementation, PHP 7.2-ready (not just deprecated warnings shut off), and PayPal updated to 5.018. That's a lot of stuff, so maybe it could come out piecemeal over several releases.

Frozen is a year old and I have been *begging* for help to move it on, my pleas are heard only by very few. 

Frozen is now out of date and is EOL.  "Edge" is where my focus is and that is done in my spare time, help me to make more spare time.

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2019 at 10:07 AM, Harald Ponce de Leon said:

Hi, @Harald Ponce de Leon, I hope you are very well.

Could you give us an updated date on this market update?

Best regards,

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Once again HPDL has made promises and then disappeared. Is a market place the best place to be spending time on. I can think of hundreds of other areas within the core code that need something doing with.

But never mind. same old.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

14 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

Once again HPDL has made promises and then disappeared. Is a market place the best place to be spending time on. I can think of hundreds of other areas within the core code that need something doing with.

But never mind. same old.

A market place would at least help to attract developers which this project desperately needs as the current team consists of one at present.  This is clearly irrelevant if the official release is not updated (including cpanel one click installers) and the osc website updated as it currently resembles something from the 1980's.  No sane developer would choose osc over it's growing number of competitors... 

8 hours ago, shetch said:

A market place would at least help to attract developers which this project desperately needs as the current team consists of one at present.  This is clearly irrelevant if the official release is not updated (including cpanel one click installers) and the osc website updated as it currently resembles something from the 1980's.  No sane developer would choose osc over it's growing number of competitors... 

My point exactly. No sane developer will waste their time working on old outdated code, when there are better software packages out there that would at least give a reward to them.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I currently work in an office with 15 junior developers and today showed them oscommerce and opencart, explaining that osc was a perfect starting point for anyone starting out with PHP.  They all opted to use opencart instead...

9 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Yes but most people are just getting on with things supporting both old and new.

Clearly "most people" have moved on...

1 hour ago, shetch said:

They all opted to use opencart instead...

Well that's ok no probelm, use whaterver your happy with. I personaly use several different carts including opencart. It's good to have options they all have their pluses and minuses.

Still using osC on a few live sites.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 4:07 PM, Harald Ponce de Leon said:

Harald, when will the official update finally be released? Or now it does not have to wait?

Don't wait for any official updates to osC. If you hold your breath for one, you'll end up turning extremely blue! Harald has a habit of making grand announcements of the imminent release of The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread, and then... nada.

As you may have noticed, the "Phoenix" snapshot of "Edge" (I think that's the name being used) was just released, and "Frozen" is still quite usable, but those are unofficial releases. One-Button installers will never carry it, but it's the best you're going to do.

19 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

As you may have noticed, the "Phoenix" snapshot of "Edge" (I think that's the name being used) was just released, and "Frozen" is still quite usable, but those are unofficial releases. One-Button installers will never carry it, but it's the best you're going to do.

Phoenix is on the official download site:

https://www.oscommerce.com/Products

It is quite different to FROZEN and not just another "Snapshot" of EDGE.

Archived