• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products Extra Fields not displaying on existing products

I installed the products extra fields add-on (https://apps.oscommerce.com/wFnge) and it works great for new products and search, but on existing products I cannot get the custom field to display.  It's skipping over it and not displaying it. In the first screenshot you can see where it shows the UPC (it should display below weight but I moved it up intentionally just in case it was a CSS issue).  In the second screenshot, that product has a UPC (I manually entered it) and can search for it, but it doesn't prompt for the field.

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 12.24.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 12.25.04 PM.png

20 hours ago, duckydan said:

it should display below weight but I moved it up intentionally just in case it was a CSS issue)

Silly question but have you made sure both products are in the same category? I think I remember that to use this you have to assign a category id to the new fields.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner... I never received a notification I received a reply and just logged in today to bump this :(

So I did not know I had to add them to a category and thought I could leave category blank and it would be universal... we have several hundred "categories" based on how the store is laid out.  Is there a way to make it global?

Son of a... thanks for the help all.  I read the SQL and apparently there is a hidden command you can use called "all"

pef
                        WHERE category_id like '% " . $current_category_id .  ",%' 
                        OR category_id=" . $current_category_id . "  
                        OR category_id='all'
                        OR pef.category_id=(SELECT c.parent_id FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " as c WHERE c.categories_id = " . $current_category_id . ") 

I changed category to "all" and it worked

Edited by duckydan