• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Current Android Mobile Admin App?

bastosdesign

I have done my share of searching... trying to figure out what the current (2019) administration app is for Android.

I went through the apps in the marketplace, most are from 2010 - and either no longer available on Google play store, or just plain outdated...

Apologies if I missed something in front of my face...

Did I miss something?

I'm not familiar with such a thing. What have you been using? If you want admin functions from a phone, you can use an ordinary web browser on it. Preferably you would want an osC version that is mobile friendly (i.e., works well on phones), which means either Frozen or Edge. I'm not sure how much, if any, of Frozen's admin side has been Bootstrapped -- you may have to go to a Third Party's code to get it (I think some people on this forum have offered such code). @burt is changing Edge to Bootstrap v4 and (I understand) making the admin side mobile friendly, so if phone-based admin is critical to you, you may want to consider Edge.

Other than that, if you have to admin your store from a phone, it will mean some Third Party Android (etc.) app. Good luck on the hunt!

6 hours ago, bastosdesign said:

I have done my share of searching... trying to figure out what the current (2019) administration app is for Android.

Simple Google surch and first link is to

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pinta.oscommerce.oscommercemobileadmin&hl=en_GB

22 November 2017 app.  as this is for official osCommerce it's probably is upto date.

Never used it as never seen the point of doing admin on a small screen.

@JcMagpie Two points ...

1) The app you linked to is from a developer in Russia. In today's political climate, I'm not sure I would want an app to run the admin side of my business from a Russian developer.

2) Some time ago, there was a discussion here regarding the point of doing admin on a small screen. One example given was:

You sell used books, or antiques, or similar items. When in the field, you buy something you now plan to resell. You could use your phone to take pictures, write a quick description, and post it into your shop. Not necessarily the best tool for the job, but ...

M

33 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

The app you linked to is from a developer in Russia

I personally have no prejudices about people of any nation. Oh and by the way it's the Ukraine!

Try it if you dont like it uninstall it.

• 4 months later...

Archived