• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

domain transfer

zpupster

hello support,

I recently did a domain transfer from lunarpages to site ground with oscommerce 2.3.4

Procedure ex-import database, upload files from previous host. rolled back php to 5.6. update config files(catalog and admin). pointed to new host.

should fire up at new site with no problem.  I was wrong.

nothing but a little text on home page. and could not log into admin.

here catalog/admin/login.php

if ($actionRecorder->canPerform()) {

changed to :

if ($actionRecorder->canPerform() || !tep_not_null($actionRecorder->_module)) {

now I can log in to admin.

there are no installed modules.  there is a missing file at catalog/includes/modules ok transferred that file up

the ftp did not work correctly? ( i suppose not).

when i went back to admin there are no installed modules, i installed the module-boxes categories 

but the links do not work.

installed content shipping but all my ups info is gone and well a whole bunch more .

that info should be obtained from the database correct??

Looking for some advice to save me some work.

I am thinking of re uploading the database and site one more time

TY,

zpupster

When you move hosts, parts of the configuration usually change, like the path to protected files and the accounts username. So you have to make sure the configure files in your shop and admin match the new servers. There's no way for someone here to tell you what is correct since it depends on your server. You need to ask your host about the paths. This is why it is important to choose a host that supports oscommerce, instead of just providing hosting space, when moving hosts. Your host may not be able, or not willing, to look at your files but they should be able to tell you what is wrong about the files.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

10 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

When you move hosts, parts of the configuration usually change, like the path to protected files and the accounts username. So you have to make sure the configure files in your shop and admin match the new servers. There's no way for someone here to tell you what is correct since it depends on your server. You need to ask your host about the paths. This is why it is important to choose a host that supports oscommerce, instead of just providing hosting space, when moving hosts. Your host may not be able, or not willing, to look at your files but they should be able to tell you what is wrong about the files.

Jack, I recently learned that your company also hosts websites? Maybe this would be an option for @zpupster ?

Archived