• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New installation not working

Schwemmer

I installed new 2.3.4.1 version several times

Seems to work properly

After deleting some demo categories and demo products, the site became inaccessible from my PC for some time, moreover, my whole domain became inaccessible. (Timeout error, the server needs too long to answer). From other PCs thedomain is still accessible

Some time later site is displayed again, unlees a link is clicked there, then freezes again.

Service provider does not find anything, apache is running.

Please provide more information.

1) which version, frozen BS3 or BS4 or somthing else like official?

2) Why have you installed severral times?

3) what do you have in your error logs?

4) What version of PHP are you running.

Instability like this can be caused by wrong PHP version, bad redirects , bad install, missing or bad files.

Post or pm a link to your site.

The more information you provide the better the chance of someone beeing able to help.

1. BS3,BS4 means?

2. I deleted, downloaded again and installed again to try if it works then

...index.php' not found or unable to stat

AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/www/renting/images/index.html

4. PHP 5.6

You're obviously trying to use the "official" release 2.3.4.1. Be aware that it's totally obsolete and should not be used. Use "Frozen" instead (see links below in my signature for Frozen and its patches). Don't waste your time on the official release.

PHP 5.6 is obsolete and out of support, yet it's a bit too advanced for even the official 2.3.4.1 release. Try to get to PHP 7.1 for Frozen.

If you try to access your site too rapidly (several times per minute), or are constantly re-installing your site, many servers will detect this as a Denial of Service attack and block your IP address. If you can't get to your site, ask your host if you're being blocked.

Ok first do not post on profile if you need to keep link privet use a pm for that sort of thing. I have deleted the link.

You are using official osC , I would not rcommend that if you are starting from new. You would be better off using the CE frozen software.

You can down load the frozen bootstrap 3 version from many of the links on this site, or ths one

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/releases/tag/2341-Frozen

If you wish to use the bootstrap 4 version this is a frozen version.

https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/26/products_id/57

Having gone to your site, the problem is not the software it's your server configuration. Talk to your host only they can sort out this problem. Test your sites stability with a simple index.html file first before installing osC.

Sure this is true but I can only advise on what is happening now. So sorry but it's the best advice I can offer with the information I have to review. Are you abel to see the other installs on this server?

Archived