• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't login admin page

jacktu

I was able to login admin page without issue since I installed the software two or three years ago.   All of sudden I can't login today.   I believed my last login was April 10 2019.   My site is still working but just can't log in to the admin page to make any modification on the site.   Any idea where do I check the log for error?   thanks for the help.

Here is the error message from the login page:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

1 hour ago, jacktu said:

I was able to login admin page without issue since I installed the software two or three years ago.   All of sudden I can't login today.   I believed my last login was April 10 2019.   My site is still working but just can't log in to the admin page to make any modification on the site.   Any idea where do I check the log for error?   thanks for the help.

Here is the error message from the login page:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I put this line in my /admin/application_top.php file to display the error message.  ini_set('display_errors','1');

Here is the error message:

Warning: require(/hermes/bosnaweb18a/b1270/ipg.888eightrarechinacoi/includes/classes/action_recorder.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02ap/b1270/ipg.888eightrarechinacoi/admin/includes/classes/action_recorder.php on line 13 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/hermes/bosnaweb18a/b1270/ipg.888eightrarechinacoi/includes/classes/action_recorder.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.5.22-amd64/lib/php') in /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02ap/b1270/ipg.888eightrarechinacoi/admin/includes/classes/action_recorder.php on line 13

Any idea what how to fix it?   thanks.

1 hour ago, jacktu said:

Hi JCMagpie,

THanks for your reply.   I did tried to set the PHP Version on my hosting site for PHP Version 5.3, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1 and I still can't access to my admin page.

It can be very frustrating when this happens, but you need to just take one step at a time. If you have made no changes since it was last worked then the only thingleft is your host making changes at server level. Just let them know what has happened and ask for help. On updating the PHP it's likely they may have moved or changed directorys/files. If the PHP selection is a new feature they have added then you may find the default setting are not as you need them and you may have to manuly adjust them to what you had before. As you can see from the error it's complaining about a file/directory path.

Failed opening required '/hermes/bosnaweb18a/b1270/ipg.888eightrarechinacoi/includes/classes/action_recorder.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.5.22-amd64/lib/php'

Just check each error one at a time and clear. Your host is the one you need to speak with on this.

Someone (your host?) appears to have moved your site. Notice that you are running in /***/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02ap/ , while it's looking for the file in /***/bosnaweb18a/. Check both your configure.php files, and update as necessary once you've found out what happened.

Thanks for all the replies.   You guy are great.   Here is what my host told me and it is working now.

I've checked on it and I could see the the server path defined in the script at /admin/includes/configure.php was an outdated one and that caused the issue. I've updated the correct server path and now.

Archived