• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a module for automatic updating stock, products and prices?

fantomen

Is there a module for automatic updating stock, products and prices?
Example one distributor have around 22 000 products and the other distributor have more than 40 000 products.
With so many products it is not so easy to update products, prices and how many in stock and product pictures.
Perhaps there is some software module or modules to make this job more easy to update all the products?

My installed version FROZEN: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE
Frozen https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/2341-Frozen.zip

40 000 products! 😊 what ever you use it's going to take time and care to do it properly. Using SQL is going to be the quickest way if you have to update each product individualy with a specific price. Assuming your supplier provides you with a CSV file with all the prices.

However if you can sort by manufacturer or cat and apply % increase then it's much easier. This add-on lets you do that.

Quick update BS

Hi MrPhil, thank you for your reply.
I have already installed Easy Populate and many thanks to JcMagpie who have helped me to get Easy Populate to function with my installed version FROZEN: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE
With Easy Populate I can import many thousand products to my webshop.
When having more than 15 000 products in a webshop it is a must to have some form of automatic update of stock quantity, prices and products.
And when categorizing all the products in Excel and then when supplier changes prices and add new products it is a must to have a tool to update this automatically.
I can get the pricelist from the distributor/supplier in .xls or in .xml format.
Is there someone who have buillt a module for automatic updating stock and prices and products from the distributor/supplier?

I have found this module that is interesting: https://apps.oscommerce.com/EhAln&get-price-quantity-xml-update-feed-v2-1
Is this module working for my installed version FROZEN: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE ?

With 40 000 products, it's better to use an ERP like Odoo. Osc is made for that and an Erp will win some work time, for stock, price, update, ....

After if you do to that, use easy populate could be a solution, but be careful,  if you can change the time php upload limit, it will be better because you can have some error with your sql base if you have this kind of problem

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

@gadlol created the great Alternate Administration System that would do what you need. I'm not sure he is still supporting it but you could ask him.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/YfzFh&alternative-administration-system-v0-3

Edited by Smoky Barnable

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

Hi Smoky Barnable, thank you for your reply.
Regarding your advice to use this module: https://apps.oscommerce.com/YfzFh&alternative-administration-system-v0-3
I have been reading about this module and I think the developer of this module have made an incredible good module with all the these features.
Almost too good to be true. If I did not watch the demonstration movie on youtube I would not belive it was true.
Alternative Administration System
Version: 0.3, Created by John Barounis , www.alternative-administration-system.com
I just say amazing work this developer have done when he created this module.

But will it function with my oscommerce reponsive version?
My installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE
Frozen https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/2341-Frozen.zip

I think this module is more of the kind of module I am looking for to solve my issue to keep the stock and prices updated.
The function I miss with this module is that it does not automatically add new products. https://apps.oscommerce.com/EhAln&get-price-quantity-xml-update-feed-v2-1

This is how I work now to add products in short terms:
I use FileZilla  https://filezilla-project.org/ to download the pricefile in .txt or .csv format from the distributor.
Then I open the pricefile in Excel.
Then I add a number of columns to be able to calculate prices to end consumers.
This takes very long time to do with 22 000 products.
A smart software that would help me to mass change prices in procent and in my currency SEK and in a certain category would help a lot.
Of course this can be done in Excel but first I have to sort all products in the correct categorys and to do this takes very much time.
And next day the distributor have added a couple of hundred new products and no category to be found.
Then new headache to start to categorize all new products to the correct category. Some smart software to mass sort products into the correct category would help.
Then I make new prices for the end consumer and make sure that the stock values are added and all other information like product descriptions and much more.
Then I import the file with Easy Populate into my webshop.

The highest wishlist is to have a connection in real time to the distributor  to keep products and stock and prices updated but there need to be a step in between so that I can add my prices to the endconsumer.

I can also connect to the distributor via  api solution and get an .xml file of all the products.

Maybe someone on this forum have any solution on how to make all this work in a much more easy and time saving way?

@fantomen

Oddo manage all of this, you must install the module for that. for that try the solution online and install e-commerce module.

After there is some other module than you can install, maybe not on the online version.

But it's big, you must have money to maintain that.

Regards
Loïc

Why are you going into Excel (or any other spreadsheet) to add columns and calculate prices? You should be able to read the CSV file with a scripting language such as Perl, and write it back out with new columns with prices and such. How many manual decisions do you need to make for each product? Can it all be reduced to a formula? What about categorizing new products -- is that manually done? You should only have to do it once, for a product or manufacturer, and keep that information around in a file. For routine functions, you should be able to take an incoming CSV or txt file and convert it to something useful to read in either manually or via Easy Populate, without any human intervention.

Hi Gyakutsuki, thank you for your reply.

This sounds interesting but can you be more specific to tell me what apps I need to be able to update products, prices and number in stock automatically that is compatible with my oscommerce version Frozen https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/2341-Frozen.zip  Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE
Odoo.com have many apps: https://www.odoo.com/pricing and when I click on the e-commerce app there is 3 apps marked automatically. As I understand from this it seem to be working only with Odoo.com own webshop and not for oscommerce?

Hi MrPhil, thank you for your reply.
This sounds very very very interesting.
Regarding manual decisions, I set a % markup for each category and does not need to set a % markup for each product.
On some special products that I would like to have a very competitive price on, then I always set a low % markup for each  of these products.
Regarding categorizing new products I do this manually because I do not know any other way to do it.

You could certainly set up a processor on your PC to take the incoming .csv or .txt file and write a new .csv file back out, ready for either manual database import or through Easy Populate. There would be several data configuration files associated with it: markup per category, markup for specific products (override per category), and category per product. You would manually maintain these configuration files with an ordinary editor. When you run the new .csv or .txt file through the processor, it would tell you if any products are missing a category (likely new products) and you would update the category file and rerun the processor. A bonus feature would be to compare the new output to the previous one (saved from the previous time it was run) and only write new and changed entries, in order to run the update faster (dozens or hundreds of updates rather than tens-of-thousands each time).

@fantomen

Oscommerce is not a tools updated to use with an ERP, I make an add on and youan see in action inside the video forum. Note  :  it does not work with the latest odoo version because their api and call has been changed.
But some other e-commerce tools are more appropriate to use odoo like prestashop, magento and some other.
If you have lot of maintenance, it's better for you to migrate your e-commerce tools to another. Time is business, tools must in relation with your business.
This Oscommerce version is not made for that.

Edited by Gyakutsuki

Regards
Loïc

OK, I hope this is the correct area to ask this question. I have read the thread and I am confused. I have bootstrap and need to load csv files from many vendors. Will the plugin discussed it this topic work with what I have? I have added the addon easy csv import and it's not working.

Edited by ralgiere