• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problem with currency conversion

Portman

Hi,

I am having trouble with currency conversion.... I am using BS Frozen,

The function for XE in localization.php looks like this...

function quote_xe_currency($to, $from = DEFAULT_CURRENCY) {
	$page = file('http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=' . $from . '&To=' . $to);

$match = array();

preg_match('/[0-9.]+\s*' . $from . '\s*=\s*([0-9.]+)\s*' . $to . '/', implode('', $page), $match);

if (sizeof($match) > 0) {
      return $match[1];
    } else {
      return false;
    }
  }

I updated the link according to some stuff I read in another post and if I manually enter the link a browser it works fine....

THere have been no modifications to other files that may be related as far as I know.

every time I  click the 'Update Exchange Rate' button in the currencies section I get the following errors...

Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (xe) failed for AUS Dollar (AUD) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.
Success The exchange rate for AUS Dollar (AUD) was updated successfully via fixer.
Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (xe) failed for Euro (EUR) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.
Error Error: The exchange rate for Euro (EUR) was not updated via fixer. Is it a valid currency code?
Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (xe) failed for U.S. Dollar (USD) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.
Error Error: The exchange rate for U.S. Dollar (USD) was not updated via fixer. Is it a valid currency code?
Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (xe) failed for Pounds Sterling (GBP) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.
Error Error: The exchange rate for Pounds Sterling (GBP) was not updated via fixer. Is it a valid currency code?
Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (xe) failed for Canadian Dollar (CAD) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.
Error Error: The exchange rate for Canadian Dollar (CAD) was not updated via fixer. Is it a valid currency code?

AUD is my Default Currency....

Is there anything else I need to look at to try and fix this issue?

There was discussion recently (here) about some major currency exchange rate system shutting off its free service because of abuse by certain parties. Maybe that's what you're seeing. Do some search on this forum and I'll think you'll find the information.

Archived