• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Address Format

Hi Everyone,

I would like to change the (flip the two in red) address format

From;    Street Address,   Suburb,    City,     Postal or Zip Code,    State/Province,    Country

To;         Street Address,   Suburb,    City,     State/Province,    Postal or Zip Code,    Country

I am working v.2.3.4.1  CE.   Can someone please let me know how to do this please.

Thank you in advance :D

You could go into the database and change the address_format value for the country in question from 1 to 2. For example, USA is 2 (state, zip) and Canada is 1 (postal code, province). I don't know why Canada was set up that way, but you should be able to change it. You might look in the admin area first, to see if you can change it there.

29 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

I don't know why Canada was set up that way

@MrPhil Seriously....I always thought you were a pretty smart guy Phil.   Surely you knew Canada was number 1.  🤣

Dan

29 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

You could go into the database and change the address_format value for the country in question from 1 to 2. For example, USA is 2 (state, zip) and Canada is 1 (postal code, province). I don't know why Canada was set up that way, but you should be able to change it. You might look in the admin area first, to see if you can change it there.

Hi Phil,

I went to my database (php my admin) and found the address_format you mentioned but I didn't see a breakdown by country to change it so both Canada & USA are the same. ( #2 ). Is it under the structure tab ? or am I way off ? lol

I also checked the admin and there wasn't anything I could see. I know way back you could change two php files and all was good but that was a very long time ago. Now I am a newby with the new and better stuff available today.

4 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

In your store admin, go to Locations/Taxes > Countries, scroll down to Canada and select it. It will probably show you "address format 1". Click "Edit", change to format 2, and Save.

You are awesome Phil. Thank you so much for your help. One less thing off my list.  Thank you Thank you Thank you  🤩

Archived