• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Modules Issues

balon

Hello, 

I'm currently working with a client that is having issues with their payment module(s) on their website. Previously they had a member of their company set up their website using Authorize.net. That person was removed from the company and had full control of the website previously. We've moved the hosting onto a new machine running PHP5.6, and removed Authorize.net in favor of Square (un-certified module) or Stripe (certified- module). Both modules end up with being on the checkout page with the URL: checkout_payment.php?error_message=Please+select+a+payment+method+for+your+order. and refreshing upon selecting Continue. 

At first I thought it was an error with the Square module that we were attempting to use, but after getting to the same result with Stripe I've realized either the modules are not compatible... or the previous person in charge of their files/infrastructure edited core.

The company is now using go-daddy, so I am having difficulty seeing what is going on from the PHP error logs, as they mostly look blank. I'm not sure if no errors are actually occurring, or if go-daddy suppresses them. 

I have never used osCommerce before, it looks like a great platform; just generally no experience. 

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

PHP 5.6.36 (Zend: 2.6.0)

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.3

I am happy to re-install on fresh files with the old database, but not sure what that will mean for their theme and website. I've read upgrading all the way back from v2.3.3 to v2.3.4.1 might be difficult?

-TJ

Some things to try: 

1.  Does Authorize.net work?  I.e. at least let you get to the confirmation page (as I understand it, you're stuck on the payment page).  If not, this might be a PHP 5.6 issue, as that's what changed. 

2.  Have you tried using a diff program like ExamDiff or Kdiff3 to check if the core payment files have been changed?  I would try this before trying an update or fresh install. 

3.  Have you checked compatibility of the payment modules?  I.e. are they supposed to work with 2.3.3?  I notice that there are modules for Stripe and Authorize.net that are currently part of the distribution.  Are you using the Stripe module from 2.3.3?  Or a different one?  It's possible that 2.3.3 did not have Stripe included.  You'd have to download it and check. 

4.  Have you found that error message in the source files?  What sends it?  Why?  If you have an if statement with multiple clauses, break it up into smaller pieces with different error messages (for debugging; plan to restore the original file later). 

5.  Make a copy of the site on another domain name and with a separate database.  Then try to update that.  Then you can see how difficult that is. 

When I see "edited core", I think of systems like Drupal which use hooks instead of direct code edits.  The osCommerce system has relatively few hooks.  So "editing core" is often the only way that people can change functionality at all. 

Always back up before making changes.

Archived