• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

check out procedure change?

roroeow7

Hello Guys.

I would like to ask about the check out procedure. Can I display a message before the customer go, for example, on paypal page to deposit the money for his order. I would like to receive the order, check if the product quantity is enough and then inform the customer to proceed or not for payment. There are times that customers pay their orders and some products are out of stock, so I have to return the money back. I know I could mark products as "out of stock", but is there another way?

thanks in advance

You could add a note in the language file for whatever page you want. However, that would be a big mistake, in my opinion. If I was on a site, spent time finding what I wanted and then placed the order only to be told I'll have to come back later to complete the order, I would go away and never return to your site.

Some payment modules have an "authorize only" option. That means the payment has been approved but the funds not yet paid. That might do what you want but you would need to make sure all of your payment modules support it and that you can retrieve the money later.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Grop, perhaps you could tell us what you're trying to accomplish here. What is the work flow from the customer's point of view, when there is (or isn't) sufficient inventory? There are plenty of ways to prevent too many items from being put in the cart, or from checking out with insufficient inventory -- what different thing are you looking for? What are you trying to do? Rain check? Build-to-order (pay in advance)?

3 hours ago, roroeow7 said:

There are times that customers pay their orders and some products are out of stock

This is built into osC go to your admin and setup the stock control properly. Make sure you have accurate inventory in your data base,

then set up as follows, Job done. Better still improve your stock control if posiable 😊 .

image.png.c0596a77da893fa7eec571ce953132ae.png

Archived