• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

General Questions about issues using Frozen

Hello together,

I am pretty new to E-Commerce solutions like oscommerce and would like to finally set up my online shop.

I am using:
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE
MySQL 5.5.62
PhP 7.1.26

- By playing around with the whole system I recognized that my Cart won't load itself after adding and deleting a product. 
After adding/deleting a product, the site loads a while and aferwards shows off a HTTP Error 500 (This Site does not work). Not even refreshing will help I have to go back or open the site again

- On the Log In page of the Check Out the Placeholder of Password and EMail Adress is still shown.

- Also there are problems with the sozial media bookmarks, which are not shown when enabled.

These three things would be the first questions I am not able to answer myself. I hope this Thread is opened correctly and would like to thank everyone in advanced by helping me with this.

Kind Regards.

1 hour ago, Onliny said:

According to the System I am using "the latest version of osCommerce WDW-PV 7.0" 

Not sure what that is...get the latest version from the link in my signature file.

Dan

Where did you get this version of osCommerce? That sounds like someone's "private label" release, and may not correspond to "Frozen". Very few, if any, "one-button" installers have the CE version -- all I've seen give the official 2.3.4.1 from this site, which is quite obsolete. Even the CE version (osC 2.3.4.1BS) has a few releases out. "Gold" is obsolete, "Frozen" is a good one to use (needs a few patches listed in its thread), and "Edge" may be a little too bleeding edge for you (it's constantly changing as the developer, Gary, works on it). It's available from GitHub, not this site. Unless you can prove your version is the real CE "Frozen" (compare files), you should follow the link that Dan gave you, or the appropriate one in my signature below, and get the genuine article.

A temporary change while trying to find the cause of errors, find near the top of catalog/includes/application_top.php

// set the level of error reporting
  error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

and insert afterwards, or make sure it's followed by setting:

ini_set("display_errors", 1);

This will give you more information about any errors in the execution of the shop php code instead of a white screen. When you finish debugging, change it to 0

You can add in logging errors to a file too, like this:

ini_set("log_errors", 1);
  ini_set("error_log", "php-error.log");

That writes errors to the file php-error.log in your catalog directory - you ought to put it somewhere that's not easily accessible and remember to check if it gets any bigger and look inside if it does.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

12 hours ago, Onliny said:

osCommerce WDW-PV 7.0

Hmmmmm. that one! The Pimp Version. Looks like the support link on GitHub for this is not working.

https://github.com/mcmannehan/osCommerce-WDW-PV7.0-Pimp-Version-Responsiv

You may wish to switch to the CE frozen?

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/2341-Frozen.zip

Hello together,

thank you for the fast respond!
I just searched another "responsive" osCommerce and found the following:
https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce

this might be the version @JcMagpie offered me above right?

But the issue with the product adding still exists. 

Due to the new installation I am recieving the following Error message

"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /htdocs/OSC/includes/classes/passwordhash.php on line 62"

Regards

Don't go around searching for "Frozen" or "CE" and "osCommerce". There are many "responsive" versions around, but the one in my link below (for "Frozen") is more-or-less the "official" Frozen release. Just use that one.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb MrPhil:

Don't go around searching for "Frozen" or "CE" and "osCommerce". There are many "responsive" versions around, but the one in my link below (for "Frozen") is more-or-less the "official" Frozen release. Just use that one.

Is there a sample shop for this Version of osCommerce?

How are you hosting the shop? You should not normly get this timeout error, if you have access to your php.ini file you can up the time out limit. If not talk to your host.

max_execution_time = 3600 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

@MrPhil I finally found out I am using Frozen with Bootstrap v4. so everything is fine.

@JcMagpie I am hosting it via my stepfathers company. He is doing such things since his university days. I am going to talk to him about this issues. 

Thank you all for this help! Hope it will be fixed soon.

@MrPhil thank you for all these information. It is pretty hard to get through this jungle of versions. I recently started the Version from your link and hop I finally found something working.

Is there a complete list of bug fixes I have to make for this version? Or something like a summary or do I have to find everything manually?

@Onliny

The Community Edition of osCommerce has been in development for 4-5 years. It is an ever-changing, ever-evolving project. Two 'fixed' releases have been made: 'Gold' and 'Frozen'. Gold is very old, and should be ignored at this time. Frozen is the current version for use in a live shop. Yes, some bugs have been reported, and there is an entire thread here on that subject.

Development still continues. The 'Current as of today' version is called 'Edge'. Do note that 'Edge' from last month will be different than 'Edge' from this month (like I said, it is constantly changing).

When 'Frozen' was released, it was on BootStrap v3. Since then, in the continuing development of 'Edge', it has been upgraded to Bootstrap v4.

So, as @MrPhil stated, if the version you are using uses Bootstrap v4, you are using either a newer version of 'Edge', or someone else's fork of this project.

Yes, understanding the version status of this project is confusing.

HTH

M

2 hours ago, Onliny said:

@MrPhil thank you for all these information. It is pretty hard to get through this jungle of versions. I recently started the Version from your link and hop I finally found something working.

Is there a complete list of bug fixes I have to make for this version? Or something like a summary or do I have to find everything manually?

A reasonably complete list is https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/412984-frozen-bug-list/

It's a bit tedious wading through it, but it's reasonably clear and the patches are mostly pretty simple to find and apply. Too bad Gary won't update Frozen with these items taken care of, as a Frozen2. I'm guessing that he expects another milestone drop of Edge ("Icy" or "Slushee") with Bootstrap v4 reasonably soon, and it's not worth bothering putting any more work in on Frozen.

9 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

A reasonably complete list is https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/412984-frozen-bug-list/

It's a bit tedious wading through it, but it's reasonably clear and the patches are mostly pretty simple to find and apply. Too bad Gary won't update Frozen with these items taken care of, as a Frozen2. I'm guessing that he expects another milestone drop of Edge ("Icy" or "Slushee") with Bootstrap v4 reasonably soon, and it's not worth bothering putting any more work in on Frozen.

Fake News.  Please stop the negative "slushee" etc comments.

AGAIN, as you appear to be the only one propogating this type of comment;

FROZEN is a point in time along the CE timeline.

That is it, nothing more, nothing less.

@ArtcoInc Thank you very much for this brief introduction. Now everything is getting clearer for me. I think I got the correct version now and thanks to @MrPhil the bugs will be done in one or two days.

Thank you also to @burt for this hint I think I will follow it as soon as the first steps are done.

For now this Thread will be closed at first I think.

Maybe there will be some questions if the de-bugging won't work as I want it to.

Cheers

@Onliny

If you continue using the version you started with ( "the latest version of osCommerce WDW-PV 7.0" ), do as @burt suggested.

If, on the other hand, you use the 'Frozen' version (link in my signature below, as well as in @MrPhil's signature), or the latest 'Edge' version (link in @burt's signature), there is no need to contact @mcmannehan, as you won't be running his fork any more.

HTH

M

Interessting that my fork stillis used. its frozen too. And by the way, to to this:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

is  a bad solution. All the bad code will work with that.

a good code run with the error reporting like

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

and a very good code runs with:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

but any way after 20 years of oscommerce still no version suitable for the EU law. A lot need to change in the code. the opencart-3.0.3.1is much more better, because
i read here in the forum that osC 3.0 is dead. This tells me a lot!

Enjoy the frozen version of @burt here. He did a lot work to make this run with PHP7. I did try it on PHP7.3 and for PHP 7.3 it's not working well.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

10 hours ago, burt said:

This is a fork and you can get support for it directly from @mcmannehan.  If @mcmannehan reads this - I would ask
him to contact you directly and provide support at his own forum/site.  

I read it. Thank you, @burt but my fork is frozen too. I did deleted today from Github.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

8 hours ago, mcmannehan said:

I read it. Thank you, @burt but my fork is frozen too. I did deleted today from Github.

:( that's shafted the users of your fork.  Anyone using your fork will still expect you to support it/them. 

Archived