Jump to content
shetch

Support thread for Bootstrap V4 Oscommerce Administration v2.3.4.1 CE

Recommended Posts

On 4/11/2019 at 6:54 PM, shetch said:

That's a better approach, have updated files so next release will include.  If you also add the class fa-fw they will line up better too :)

just something that has just come to mind. for anything that does not have a font awesome icon included within the file, it would seem to cause an issue with the position of the text, and when the men u gets made smaller, so it may be worth having a check to see if an icon exists and if not put a default one in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MyBookShop said:

Could you implement this Addon in your BS version. It orders the Admin items into Alphabetical order, I cant live without it.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/1HEkU&module-display-order-matches-sort-order

or a sort order at the top bar so can sort by [Modules Group SortOrder Action] I will donate again:)

 

 

Hi Mark,  I'm about to begin a rewrite of the modules section :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be great to make a package (called frozen 2 or as you like) that has the new admin of @shetch and the Frozen version with its bug fixes so that new users can download them in one place.

What the community lacks are periodic updates to show that the software is alive.

I do not know if this is the best place to post it, but the work of @shetchis fantastic, it's the cooler in oscommerce for a long time and it would be great to integrate it into the Frozen package.

What do you think?

Best regards.

Valqui

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, valquiria23 said:

I do not know if this is the best place to post it, but the work of @shetchis fantastic, it's the cooler in oscommerce for a long time and it would be great to integrate it into the Frozen package.

Very good suggestion Valquiria .
This will be the next step for real support of our favorite software osCommerce.
I fully support this idea!
It is time to defrost?

Edited by Fredi

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

I think it would be great to make a package (called frozen 2 or as you like) that has the new admin of @shetch and the Frozen version with its bug fixes so that new users can download them in one place.

What the community lacks are periodic updates to show that the software is alive.

I do not know if this is the best place to post it, but the work of @shetchis fantastic, it's the cooler in oscommerce for a long time and it would be great to integrate it into the Frozen package.

What do you think?

Best regards.

Valqui

 

Great idea...I was hoping the same.


The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

I think it would be great to make a package (called frozen 2 or as you like) that has the new admin of @shetch and the Frozen version with its bug fixes so that new users can download them in one place.

What the community lacks are periodic updates to show that the software is alive.

I do not know if this is the best place to post it, but the work of @shetchis fantastic, it's the cooler in oscommerce for a long time and it would be great to integrate it into the Frozen package.

What do you think?

Best regards.

Valqui

It would be up to the developers of the BS4 admin and the CE version to get together and discuss this. It is one area that Gary openly admits to not having the time to do  too much with, but the code will have to meet his standards.

The only problem I see with updating the admin are is that every admin module or report will also need to be updated. Thats a lot of work in someone fancies doing it, but none will.

There is also no room here for another fork of the software. It just wont be allowed and any posts relating to it will be removed.

May be there is potential for someone that wants regular updates to post the ones that are carried out on Github so the forum members can see what is being done. The CE version is constantly being worked on so there are loads of updates happening. We cant all expect one person to do it all.

Edited by 14steve14

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:thumbsup:Nice, looking forwared to using the new fetures. Updating existing add-on's and reports is quite simple did this montly sales reoprt conversion in about 5 minutes!

Those who decide to use it will make the effort I'm sure. Official or fork or neither it's good to have options.

 

image.thumb.png.4f3d5302c4b7b223dacc84920315a3bd.png


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what i did with easy populate

image.png.c92b2b01ccca61e4c19f6392a8389ff0.png

Took about an hour to do all be it that included fixing some php 7.2 errors, putting in custom look check boxes, and adding select2 to some of the drop down menus.

 


 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, puddlec said:

This is what i did with easy populate

image.png.c92b2b01ccca61e4c19f6392a8389ff0.png

Took about an hour to do all be it that included fixing some php 7.2 errors, putting in custom look check boxes, and adding select2 to some of the drop down menus.

 


 

image.png

Can't find it in the add ons section :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JcMagpie said:

:thumbsup:Nice, looking forwared to using the new fetures. Updating existing add-on's and reports is quite simple did this montly sales reoprt conversion in about 5 minutes!

Those who decide to use it will make the effort I'm sure. Official or fork or neither it's good to have options.

 

image.thumb.png.4f3d5302c4b7b223dacc84920315a3bd.png

Can't find it in the add ons section :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, shetch said:

Can't find it in the add ons section :)

I just did it to see what was involved I dont use the add-on, just picked one from apps and did the conversion.   😊 easy populate was next on my list to try but I see it's done.:thumbsup:

Not published sorry, not sure about publising an add-on for an add-on. Code is available by pm if anyone needs it, I prefer to leave the admin side to proper developers.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

I just did it to see what was involved I dont use the add-on, just picked one from apps and did the conversion.   😊 easy populate was next on my list to try but I see it's done.:thumbsup:

Not published sorry, not sure about publising an add-on for an add-on. Code is available by pm if anyone needs it, I prefer to leave the admin side to proper developers.

can't see a problem myself if the add-on is completely within the admin (no files touch the catalogue side)

you could just update the add on one folder for normal admin and one for this admin  (just like i think you do for bs3 and bs4)

in regards to easy populate i am not stopping you from doing your own version (could even compare notes afterwords, and combine what you did and what i did)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Sirs.

We are all associated with this software for almost 20 years. We learned from this. We used it for our stores. Many coders have made a career here and their business. A lot of e-commerce software was born on the basis of osCommerce.
All this happened thanks to OpenSource. Thanks to the enthusiasm and great work of Harald and his friends. Many of the active members of the forum and community continue to work for everyone. However, a lot of people used this resource only for personal profit. They did something (they wrote code based on osCommerce), tested their work with our help, called it their project, and ran away from the community to engage in personal business. The attitude of these people to osCommerce is similar to the fact that you forgot about your parents.
Will we all do the same?
I see that several of our excellent coders are already preparing for this.
What do we do? Will we save the osCommerce or assign it to the cemetery?

Regarding the AdminBS version, which we are discussing here. There is great interest among many participants. New version is needed. Let's remember our youth, join forces and continue to work in our OpenSource community!
The new version can be placed on Github and add corrections and additions there.
Your opinion, community?


Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, puddlec said:

in regards to easy populate i am not stopping you from doing your own version (could even compare notes afterwords, and combine what you did and what i did

one is fine 😊, again I personaly don't use it, all i did was update it to work with CE  for another user and add one mod he asked for,  I think a few months ago.

 

6 minutes ago, Fredi said:

Regarding the AdminBS version, which we are discussing here

I think this is best left for another thread as this is support thread.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 8:37 AM, JcMagpie said:

Here is the monthly sales code, remember all i have done is make it work on BS4, the original code is unchanged and all credit is original coders.

oscom-detailed-monthly-sales V1.0.zip

Thanks for the work everyone. Why not post that as an addon or an update to the addon? 

 

Trying out the admin panel on a fresh site. I noticed the who's online feature is not showing the customers cart properly. Is anyone working on that I might take a dive into that and see if I can get it to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, sackling said:

Thanks for the work everyone. Why not post that as an addon or an update to the addon? 

That's up to  @shetch it's his code.

43 minutes ago, sackling said:

Is anyone working on that I might take a dive into that and see if I can get it to work.

The issue is with bootstrap scss

line 114

 $contents[] = array('text' => tep_draw_separator('pixel_black.gif', '100%', '1'));

The height of "1" is beeing over ruled by the scss

.img-fluid {
    max-width: 100%;
    height: auto;
}

So simple hack fix set /public_html/admin8262/whos_online.php

<style>
  .img-fluid {
    max-width: 100%;
    height: 1px!important;
}
</style>

@shetch I'm sure will have a proper fix in time.  For now works ok.

image.thumb.png.8e677288e9405f4335627c44d0417f62.png

Edited by JcMagpie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×