• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for Bootstrap V4 Oscommerce Administration v2.3.4.1 CE

shetch

On 4/11/2019 at 6:54 PM, shetch said:

That's a better approach, have updated files so next release will include.  If you also add the class fa-fw they will line up better too :)

just something that has just come to mind. for anything that does not have a font awesome icon included within the file, it would seem to cause an issue with the position of the text, and when the men u gets made smaller, so it may be worth having a check to see if an icon exists and if not put a default one in.

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

Could you implement this Addon in your BS version. It orders the Admin items into Alphabetical order, I cant live without it.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/1HEkU&module-display-order-matches-sort-order

or a sort order at the top bar so can sort by [Modules Group SortOrder Action] I will donate again:)

Edited by MyBookShop

6 hours ago, MyBookShop said:

Could you implement this Addon in your BS version. It orders the Admin items into Alphabetical order, I cant live without it.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/1HEkU&module-display-order-matches-sort-order

or a sort order at the top bar so can sort by [Modules Group SortOrder Action] I will donate again:)

Hi Mark,  I'm about to begin a rewrite of the modules section :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be great to make a package (called frozen 2 or as you like) that has the new admin of @shetch and the Frozen version with its bug fixes so that new users can download them in one place.

What the community lacks are periodic updates to show that the software is alive.

I do not know if this is the best place to post it, but the work of @shetchis fantastic, it's the cooler in oscommerce for a long time and it would be great to integrate it into the Frozen package.

What do you think?

Best regards.

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

8 minutes ago, valquiria23 said:

I do not know if this is the best place to post it, but the work of @shetchis fantastic, it's the cooler in oscommerce for a long time and it would be great to integrate it into the Frozen package.

Very good suggestion Valquiria .
This will be the next step for real support of our favorite software osCommerce.
I fully support this idea!
It is time to defrost?

Edited by Fredi

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

4 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

I think it would be great to make a package (called frozen 2 or as you like) that has the new admin of @shetch and the Frozen version with its bug fixes so that new users can download them in one place.

What the community lacks are periodic updates to show that the software is alive.

I do not know if this is the best place to post it, but the work of @shetchis fantastic, it's the cooler in oscommerce for a long time and it would be great to integrate it into the Frozen package.

What do you think?

Best regards.

Valqui

Great idea...I was hoping the same.

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

18 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

What do you think?

Best regards.

Valqui

It would be up to the developers of the BS4 admin and the CE version to get together and discuss this. It is one area that Gary openly admits to not having the time to do  too much with, but the code will have to meet his standards.

The only problem I see with updating the admin are is that every admin module or report will also need to be updated. Thats a lot of work in someone fancies doing it, but none will.

There is also no room here for another fork of the software. It just wont be allowed and any posts relating to it will be removed.

May be there is potential for someone that wants regular updates to post the ones that are carried out on Github so the forum members can see what is being done. The CE version is constantly being worked on so there are loads of updates happening. We cant all expect one person to do it all.

Edited by 14steve14

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

:thumbsup:Nice, looking forwared to using the new fetures. Updating existing add-on's and reports is quite simple did this montly sales reoprt conversion in about 5 minutes!

Those who decide to use it will make the effort I'm sure. Official or fork or neither it's good to have options.

image.thumb.png.4f3d5302c4b7b223dacc84920315a3bd.png

This is what i did with easy populate

image.png.c92b2b01ccca61e4c19f6392a8389ff0.png

Took about an hour to do all be it that included fixing some php 7.2 errors, putting in custom look check boxes, and adding select2 to some of the drop down menus.

image.png

App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

21 minutes ago, puddlec said:

This is what i did with easy populate

image.png.c92b2b01ccca61e4c19f6392a8389ff0.png

Took about an hour to do all be it that included fixing some php 7.2 errors, putting in custom look check boxes, and adding select2 to some of the drop down menus.

image.png

Can't find it in the add ons section :)

1 hour ago, JcMagpie said:

:thumbsup:Nice, looking forwared to using the new fetures. Updating existing add-on's and reports is quite simple did this montly sales reoprt conversion in about 5 minutes!

Those who decide to use it will make the effort I'm sure. Official or fork or neither it's good to have options.

image.thumb.png.4f3d5302c4b7b223dacc84920315a3bd.png

30 minutes ago, shetch said:

I just did it to see what was involved I dont use the add-on, just picked one from apps and did the conversion.   😊 easy populate was next on my list to try but I see it's done.:thumbsup:

Not published sorry, not sure about publising an add-on for an add-on. Code is available by pm if anyone needs it, I prefer to leave the admin side to proper developers.

12 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

I just did it to see what was involved I dont use the add-on, just picked one from apps and did the conversion.   😊 easy populate was next on my list to try but I see it's done.:thumbsup:

Not published sorry, not sure about publising an add-on for an add-on. Code is available by pm if anyone needs it, I prefer to leave the admin side to proper developers.

can't see a problem myself if the add-on is completely within the admin (no files touch the catalogue side)

you could just update the add on one folder for normal admin and one for this admin  (just like i think you do for bs3 and bs4)

in regards to easy populate i am not stopping you from doing your own version (could even compare notes afterwords, and combine what you did and what i did)

App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

Dear Sirs.

We are all associated with this software for almost 20 years. We learned from this. We used it for our stores. Many coders have made a career here and their business. A lot of e-commerce software was born on the basis of osCommerce.
All this happened thanks to OpenSource. Thanks to the enthusiasm and great work of Harald and his friends. Many of the active members of the forum and community continue to work for everyone. However, a lot of people used this resource only for personal profit. They did something (they wrote code based on osCommerce), tested their work with our help, called it their project, and ran away from the community to engage in personal business. The attitude of these people to osCommerce is similar to the fact that you forgot about your parents.
Will we all do the same?
I see that several of our excellent coders are already preparing for this.
What do we do? Will we save the osCommerce or assign it to the cemetery?

Regarding the AdminBS version, which we are discussing here. There is great interest among many participants. New version is needed. Let's remember our youth, join forces and continue to work in our OpenSource community!
The new version can be placed on Github and add corrections and additions there.
Your opinion, community?

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

30 minutes ago, puddlec said:

in regards to easy populate i am not stopping you from doing your own version (could even compare notes afterwords, and combine what you did and what i did

one is fine 😊, again I personaly don't use it, all i did was update it to work with CE  for another user and add one mod he asked for,  I think a few months ago.

6 minutes ago, Fredi said:

Regarding the AdminBS version, which we are discussing here

I think this is best left for another thread as this is support thread.

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2019 at 8:37 AM, JcMagpie said:

Here is the monthly sales code, remember all i have done is make it work on BS4, the original code is unchanged and all credit is original coders.

oscom-detailed-monthly-sales V1.0.zip

Thanks for the work everyone. Why not post that as an addon or an update to the addon? 

Trying out the admin panel on a fresh site. I noticed the who's online feature is not showing the customers cart properly. Is anyone working on that I might take a dive into that and see if I can get it to work.

43 minutes ago, sackling said:

Thanks for the work everyone. Why not post that as an addon or an update to the addon? 

That's up to  @shetch it's his code.

43 minutes ago, sackling said:

Is anyone working on that I might take a dive into that and see if I can get it to work.

The issue is with bootstrap scss

line 114

$contents[] = array('text' => tep_draw_separator('pixel_black.gif', '100%', '1'));

The height of "1" is beeing over ruled by the scss

.img-fluid {
    max-width: 100%;
    height: auto;
}

So simple hack fix set /public_html/admin8262/whos_online.php

<style>
  .img-fluid {
    max-width: 100%;
    height: 1px!important;
}
</style>

@shetch I'm sure will have a proper fix in time.  For now works ok.

image.thumb.png.8e677288e9405f4335627c44d0417f62.png

Edited by JcMagpie

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Theme looks great, but would like to see the menus stay open when you in it.

For example when you click on Catalog > Products Attributes the dropdown menu closes, how to I keep it open while in the Catalog section.

Then when I click on dashboard it closes, like the default theme.

Regards,

Gaz

• 6 months later...

this ism Wonderfull  both of them. 

I have a problem with. the left navigation 

in the developer mode of safari when I click the navigation bar a few times toggling stops working. 

nevertheless much better idea I can come back and check the developing admin section in a few months.

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

this is a very nice looking admin. I am going to use it with phonix 1.0.5

it is working. it is nice and sexy. I will start doing the things I must have to see how it works

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

On 4/26/2019 at 5:30 AM, osComMarket said:

Despite that it looks good, it is not written good enough.
You still use nested tables what is a no-go.
You embed forms inside a table what is also a no-go.
But i respect the work done.

You should take a look at Henry's BS4 admin:
https://github.com/osc2nuke/oscommerce-2.3.4.1-CE

that one is nice also. but I am not getting the dashboard modules 

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

Burt had to integrate this admin to phonix  for a long time ago and work to improve it. I don't see the reason for just now to start Bootstraping the admin ... but who knows the commercial interests that some have?? ... I think he was not interested in integrating Henry and @shetch into the project, it just my humble opinion.

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.