• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for Bootstrap V4 Oscommerce Administration v2.3.4.1 CE

shetch

Gone over most of this and it works like a charm. Was easy to install simply follow instructions and should have no issues. I simply copied ove my old config and  .htaccess files and was able to log into new admin. I kept it simple by renaming my old admin and naming the new one the same as the old so no config changes needed.

Not going to post link to admin! so here is a short view of what the new admin looks like. I would recomend taking a look and using it. Oh and you can show your appreciation for the work done by simon by looking at the bottom of his text in the app's market 😊 buy him a beer or 2.

Thank's Simon

57 minutes ago, René H4 said:

If I was running BS4

🤔 Admin has nothing to do with what you are running in the shop side! As long as you are running CE you should be able to use the BS4 admin. The question will be are you using stock admin or not.

Edited by JcMagpie

1 hour ago, René H4 said:

OK, in that case I will setup a test environment and copy my shop to it. Then install this Add-On. 

But I am in-season at the moment, so this may take a while......;-)

IIRC you already have Henrys bootstrapped Admin ... on the live shop (so it might be a little more difficult for you to swap over)...

Edited by burt

Great addon!
Thanks.
Looks modern, easy to use.
This is a basic modification for the future adaptive full version of the store.
Problem for stores that use Article Manager, information pages, support ticket, news, FAQ and etc.
Need an adaptation of the modules, or the method of how to do it yourself. This is a very big job. But the result is a transition to a new level.
I tried it, but I had to go back to the old version because of the modules that are installed. Self-modification such as Article Manager was unsuccessful.
Unfortunately I am not a programmer and for me it is very difficult.

Edited by Fredi

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Great new modern admin nice work, but i find an issue:

this (line 20):

$low_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_quantity < '" . (int)$low_amount . "' and p.products_quantity <> '0' order by p.products_quantity");

// with that and p.products_quantity <> '0' you get also the minus quantity.

have to change to:

$low_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_quantity < '" . (int)$low_amount . "' and p.products_quantity > '0' order by p.products_quantity");

// with p.products_quantity > '0' you get only the range about STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL!

and this (line25):

$out_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_quantity = '0' order by p.products_quantity");

//with p.products_quantity = '0' you don't get the minus quantity

have to change to:

$out_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_quantity <= '0' order by p.products_quantity");

// with p.products_quantity <= '0' you get the minus quantity

And what's the reason to do in line 19 that:

$low_amount = STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL + 1;

To check STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL > 0 the resolution should be different.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

On 4/4/2019 at 12:17 AM, Fredi said:

Great addon!
Thanks.
Looks modern, easy to use.
This is a basic modification for the future adaptive full version of the store.
Problem for stores that use Article Manager, information pages, support ticket, news, FAQ and etc.
Need an adaptation of the modules, or the method of how to do it yourself. This is a very big job. But the result is a transition to a new level.
I tried it, but I had to go back to the old version because of the modules that are installed. Self-modification such as Article Manager was unsuccessful.
Unfortunately I am not a programmer and for me it is very difficult.

Thanks, this a designed to work the quoted version of BS, not the official release.  It is obviously not practical for me to upgrade every available addon but will probably make an effort to do the more common at some stage.  I will also look at feasibility of instructions.

On 4/4/2019 at 5:35 AM, mcmannehan said:

Great new modern admin nice work, but i find an issue:

this (line 20):

$low_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_quantity < '" . (int)$low_amount . "' and p.products_quantity <> '0' order by p.products_quantity");

// with that and p.products_quantity <> '0' you get also the minus quantity.

have to change to:

$low_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_quantity < '" . (int)$low_amount . "' and p.products_quantity > '0' order by p.products_quantity");

// with p.products_quantity > '0' you get only the range about STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL!

and this (line25):

$out_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_quantity = '0' order by p.products_quantity");

//with p.products_quantity = '0' you don't get the minus quantity

have to change to:

$out_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_quantity <= '0' order by p.products_quantity");

// with p.products_quantity <= '0' you get the minus quantity

And what's the reason to do in line 19 that:

$low_amount = STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL + 1;

To check STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL > 0 the resolution should be different.

Thanks for letting me know, I will update master copy for later releases.  I think the code in line 19 was intended to warn just before STOCk_REORDER_LEVEL was reached :)

The administrator has not changed since almost his birth. The community needs to decide which format of the Site Administrator should be taken as a modern basic framework - as the official version of the osCommerce BS, HTML5, PHP-7, supported by the community.
There is another good version of the administration panel available developed by SoloMono. We all have to make a decision together. And based on this, adapt existing modules to the generally accepted format. No need to spray power on many different versions. Let's choose one and develop it together.

We need to combine our strength, knowledge and experience. We need to remember how we started this almost 20 years ago. This will be the reanimation of osCommerce and our common success.

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

4 hours ago, Fredi said:

The administrator has not changed since almost his birth. The community needs to decide which format of the Site Administrator should be taken as a modern basic framework - as the official version of the osCommerce BS, HTML5, PHP-7, supported by the community.
There is another good version of the administration panel available developed by SoloMono. We all have to make a decision together. And based on this, adapt existing modules to the generally accepted format. No need to spray power on many different versions. Let's choose one and develop it together.

We need to combine our strength, knowledge and experience. We need to remember how we started this almost 20 years ago. This will be the reanimation of osCommerce and our common success.

I agree there should be focus on only one version of front and backend, but I'm afraid oscommerce cannot move forward until the official release becomes one of the same, and the oscommerce site itself is modernised.  It has to compete with opencart, prestashop & magento to name but a few and to be frank, it has no chance in it's current form.  For example, cpanel quick installers install the outdated official release, so why would people use it in preference to the competitors? 

Please send a link to the SoloMono version

Edited by shetch
Additional information

Also

Table Row Click jQuery

Grid List Javascript (jQuery)

looks like any one using the select files is failing to store files selection when edited. Uninstalling the module and reinstalling it brings back the default pages but only untill you try to edit and they are lost again.

before edit

image.png.95fa7622f054e5c5948dd70427a19553.png

after edit

image.png.eefd315fbd5ce2787349d5a167a8d6d2.png

layout issue is fixed by adding css, simply make a user.css for admin and add link to admin/includes/template_top.php

.form-check-input {
        margin-left: -2.25rem !important;
}

The page issue is with the save button, editing and cancel works fine it's only when you try and save an edit that it fails.

2 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Also

Table Row Click jQuery

looks like any one using the select files is failing to store files selection when edited. Uninstalling the module and reinstalling it brings back the default pages but only untill you try to edit and they are lost again.

before edit

after edit

Yeah that's the exact issue I am having.

5 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Also

Table Row Click jQuery

before edit

after edit

This is caused by the jquery reference, to fix simply move the jquery script link (assets/js/jquery.min.js) in admin/includes/template_bottom.php to admin/includes/template_top.php (below the css links).  Please find attached ht_grid_list_view.php with adjusted bootstrap checkbox fix. (so to avoid the css hack)

Any other module using jquery should also now be ok but keep me informed :)

ht_grid_list_view.zip