• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Sort on Page

I searched through the Apps Marketplace for something that would allow me to sort products on the store page into the order I wanted, but was hesitant to try anything I found because it has been years since most of them have been updated.  I found this PRODUCT SORT APP and installed it, but was not observant enough to realize that it only sorts the products within the category in the admin area, but not within the category on the store page.  (At least, I am unable to discover how to make that happen, if it is, in fact, meant to.)

I'd really like more control over which items are placed where on the storefront page (and possibly even have a "featured" item).  Is there an app already existing that would accomplish this and is compatible with the latest Frozen (Github) BS4?  If not, do you think this one I installed could be modified to allow a sort order for the store page, as it does for the admin area?

Thanks!  😊

The first link you provided is the one I installed and it definitely does allow me to sort within the category in the admin area, but affects no change on the storefront.  I'll keep staring at it to determine why this is so.

Thank you for the second link; I'll give it a go, as well.  😊

21 minutes ago, IAmGrammy said:

The first link you provided is the one I installed and it definitely does allow me to sort within the category in the admin area, but affects no change on the storefront.  I'll keep staring at it to determine why this is so.

Thank you for the second link; I'll give it a go, as well.  😊

I just had a look into the included readme file:

This addon offers the facility todefine the default order that products are shown within a category in the catalog (this means storefront index.php).It is constructed to minimise core changes but some are necessary to change the query in index.php.Another optional core change shows the products in the same order in admin/categories.php.

See the instructions to modify catalog/index.php:

If your index.php is unchanged you can upload the file included in “catalog changed BS Edge needed” or if it’s changed I recommend using a merge tool (eg. Winmerge) or you can perform the following edits manually:
Find around line 97........

@raiwa  Thanks!  I'm having a go at editing my index.php.  The "find" strings do not seem to be there and I was a bit hesitant to simply upload the file found in the BS Edge Needed folder (since I'm running Frozen) but I've compared the two files and other than the new one referencing page headers (which my existing file does not) I don't think much would change, cosmetically.  I've backed up my index.php file, though, so if it all goes pear-shaped, I'll just keep at it, until I get it sorted.  😊

Archived