• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Index new products for March like Wish

Kurre

I use osC 2.3.4.1 CE BS version. 

Is it possible to make the New product for March on the index page work like the shop Wish has ? 

I mean you can se something like 16 products when you scroll down and when it allmost shows the last 4 products it loads in 16 more products and so on.

Has anyone done that ?

No it didn't work like I wanted, Lazy load images loaded all the product at once in the New product for March. What I need is that it loads like 12 product in the New products of March and when you scroll down it will load 12 more when you come to the last of the products. Just like the webbshop Wish has.

Simple hack , add some css to the new products to contain in fixed container and add scroll function. Remember to add media size limit as this is only usable on large screens! not much use on a mobile device.

something like

<style>
    .new-page {
    height: 50%;
    max-height: 500px;
    overflow-y: scroll;
    margin-bottom:20px;
    }
</style>

So for CE BS4 you add

<div class="new-page col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?> cm-i-card-products">

https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/index.php

image.thumb.png.0ad7c595a18b081fb7eac83e926e43e9.png

3 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

I'll pass on this one! I hate sites you have to log into just to see what they have!!!

I can understand that, i saw that Prestashop has an mod för product listning that works like that, could be nice to have that too. I made a demo on the site prestashiopdemo, it only works 1 hour and I don't know if anyone else can see it or if it is blocked with my IP https://prestashopdemo.webkul.com:8373/en/3-women

Nice feature, the explanation of the mod that they call Infinite scroll is here https://webkul.com/blog/prestashop-infinite-scroll/ if anyone want to see it Nice feature, the explanation of the mod is here if anyone want to see it.

What they say about it is " Forget the slow pagination system and load more products automatically when the user scrolls down the page. This module helps you in decreasing the bounce rate of your store by making the users stay longer on your page. "

Ok see what it's doing,  I'm guessing they have some sort of scroll limit set to the page after which it loads more products. I not sure what benifits you get from this looks vey clunky when you first use it. Then all the products are still visable as normal. I guess if you have very large images and page load is slow it could help.

I'm sure one of the developers could give you somthing like this post in the commercial section.

I would think you could also do it by having the main window scroll fire on the inner window after a fixed movement.

I can't afford to pay so much for it, they take 29 dollars for their mod, if there was one here i would pay that 😃

The benefit is to keep the visitor/customer to stay and scroll down for more products on the frontpage and not leaving too soon and maybe get them to buy something if they see something interesting..

Not all users will appreciate this feature, because you are forcing them to load/view content they may not want to see. I personally prefer pagination links combined with lazy loading, so that the user does not have a never ending page to deal with.

22 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

Not all users will appreciate this feature, because you are forcing them to load/view content they may not want to see. I personally prefer pagination links combined with lazy loading, so that the user does not have a never ending page to deal with.

Agreed. I've been on sites that just keep loading content as I go further and further down the page, and my browser starts responding slower and slower, and eventually may even freeze up or crash because the page is just too damned large. Lazy loading is fine, as long as there is a reasonable limit to page size (requiring pagination to go further). It's best for having screenfuls of content "below the fold" load while you're looking at the page "above the fold", and thus speed up the first appearance of the page. It's wrong to use it to just keep going like some insane Energizer Bunny.

9 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

Agreed. I've been on sites that just keep loading content as I go further and further down the page, and my browser starts responding slower and slower, and eventually may even freeze up or crash because the page is just too damned large. Lazy loading is fine, as long as there is a reasonable limit to page size (requiring pagination to go further). It's best for having screenfuls of content "below the fold" load while you're looking at the page "above the fold", and thus speed up the first appearance of the page. It's wrong to use it to just keep going like some insane Energizer Bunny.

This may depend on where the visitor is on the globe. I lately saw an interview with a professor.

He said that even Caroussels are bad for your website, since the visitor is forced to finish the caroussel-view. This makes them leave the site premature.

He also said that caroussels are good for seprate company departments, so they can all show a piece of the work they do.

But if the visitor leaves premature, it's not good for nobody, is it?

Lazy loading is great if used appropriately. That means using it to speed up the first appearance of the rendered page, by not forcing the viewer to wait for (currently) off-screen content to finish loading and rendering. The viewer can read the visible portion of the page while the rest is loading, reducing the chances that they'll have to wait 2.7 seconds and impatiently stomp off.

I don't recall seeing any pages where I have to leaf through every image in a carousel (whether or not they're lazy loaded) in order to do anything else -- that would be very abusive, and really has nothing to do with lazy loading. The viewer should be have control at all times over what optional material is presented. It's also inappropriate to grow a page indefinitely as the viewer scrolls down further and further, whether it's reader comments on an article or images. That's what I was referring to in my post. You should still have the concept of pagination, but can use lazy loading to speed up the appearance "above the fold" of initial content, while still having a reasonable amount of content "below the fold".

Archived