• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Standard 2.2, Order deletion/regeneration issue

emahajan

Hello Guys,

On my website http://eludev.ehl.nu/shopping_cart.php (OSC online merchant v2.2 RC2a) when I select Paypal standard option, it creates a new order in order table(without payment).

Also if I select any other payment option it works fine, however, if I again select Paypal standard it deletes previous order id and regenerates new order id.

Similarly, if I refresh the same page (Paypal Standard as a selected payment option) it deletes previous order id and regenerates new order id.

The payment selection functionality initiates ajax functionality. 

I am not sure what's the exact issue is there. 

Feedback appreciated.

Edited by emahajan

I don't think there is an issue here.

The ajax part is not standard functionality, it's been added but it sounds like your site is behaving normally.

Some payment methods create an order before payment is taken and others don't. If someone chose to pay using Cash on Delivery, or Cheque etc the order would be saved on the checkout_process page after confirmation.

In the case of paypal, sometimes people don't return from paypal to your site and if the order was not recorded in the checkout process there would be no record. An order is recorded in the preparing status. When they return from paypal or your site gets an IPN from paypal, the order is changed to a confirmed status. If they cancel in paypal, the order record is deleted and they end up at the checkout_payment page with the stuff in their basket. Similarly, if they deselect paypal as payment option before confirmation, the order is deleted.

It just means that you don't have an order for every available number.

There are card payment modules that behave in exactly the same way.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x