• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

navigation buttons

marius45jml

Hi all, I am new to oscommerce, I did a new install and configure everything so far.

I only want to use PayPal checkout and I don't know how to delete "My account" and "Check out" buttons from the main page as I don't need them.

Many thanks in advance.

Simply go to admin and check Modules /Payment and make sure you remove all except for PayPal. Then go to Admin/PayPal and set it up.

Then when your customer buys and checks out all he will see is PayPal as payment option.

You should keep the account and checkout as you customers will need these. Where you put them is upto you some have then in navbar some in footer!

image.thumb.png.18d507a02f8d3441dd0dd3fbc35fdf1a.png

57 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

@marius45jml

A customer puts an item into their cart, and returns to the front/home page. Without the "Check Out" button, how are they going to check out now?

Shopping cart=>PayPal Express Checkout Button (no customer account required)

15 hours ago, marius45jml said:

Hi all, I am new to oscommerce, I did a new install and configure everything so far.

I only want to use PayPal checkout and I don't know how to delete "My account" and "Check out" buttons from the main page as I don't need them.

Many thanks in advance.

It sounds like you have downloaded the "official" 2.3.4.1 OsCommerce version from this download page:

https://www.oscommerce.com/Products

or maybe used the one click install button from your hosting.

If this is the case, you should uninstall this version and use the 2.3.4.1 responsive community version which you can download here:

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/releases/tag/2341-Frozen

It is much more up to date, responsive and mobile/tablet friendly and will run on actual PHP/sql versions.

Once you got it installed, you can follow the indications in the above answers to add/remove the navbar modules you need.

The shopping cart/checkout link is included in the same module, so you may need to edit the code to leave only the shopping cart link and remove the checkout link.

Just remove the following line  in : includes/modules/navbar_modules/templates/shopping_cart.php:

echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link('checkout_shipping.php', '', 'SSL') . '">' . MODULE_NAVBAR_SHOPPING_CART_CHECKOUT . '</a></li>';

Best regards
Rainer

Archived