osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Only Show Boxes on Selected Pages

LeeFoster

You have two (easy) ways to do it;

• Set pages per box

or

• Set boxes per page

I'd set pages per box as there are less boxes than pages so it would be a lot quicker...  

You can find an example of this approach in /includes/modules/header_tags/ht_datepicker_jquery.php

Or you have a more flexible way (but needs coding from scratch);

• create a new DB table for storing page/box relationships.  And then have a dedicated admin page for setting it up.

13 minutes ago, LeeFoster said:

That's exactly what I was looking for.

That piece of code should make sense and is portable to box(es) for 100% sure.

It might be practical to move the function into (say) /includes/functions/general.php and then just access that function from the module (rather than having the (basically the same) function in all the box modules).  Hope that makes sense.  If you do that, and get it working, hit me up with it as it can go into Core.  Thx.

Edited by burt

7 minutes ago, burt said:

It might be practical to move the function into (say) /includes/functions/general.php and then just access that function from the module (rather than having the (basically the same) function in all the box modules).  Hope that makes sense.  If you do that, and get it working, hit me up with it as it can go into Core.  Thx.

Will do 

Hello Lee @LeeFoster,

Depending on which pages there are these 2 add-ons:

Slim Checkout

This is only for checkout pages, shopping-cart to checkout_success)

and

Modules Control

This one has some limitations regarding number of pages and modules. I didn't have an opportunity to fix it yet.

3 hours ago, burt said:

I think I got it working

3 hours ago, burt said:

Or you have a more flexible way (but needs coding from scratch);

• create a new DB table for storing page/box relationships.  And then have a dedicated admin page for setting it up.

Exact this is done here:

Modules Control

Finally got round to updating the boxes to allow them to be shown on specific pages. Also added the functions to general.php in both admin and front end. Just drop this into your existing shop, any installed boxes will need to be re-installed.

Next steps are to add a select all option and an page to control all pages from one place.

pages_update.zip