• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.4 BS vs 2.3.4.1 FROZEN - Do I need to upgrade and how?

Lary_an

I have upgraded to 2.3.4 BS version in February of 2016. I have neglected my site for over 3 years, due to some personal issues. I have a lot of small issues from the 2016 that never got fixed. I am trying to bring my site back to fully working condition, but i am very confused as to differences between the 2.3.4 BS and 2.3.4.1 FROZEN versions.  I am trying to figure out what i need to do, are there upgrades or do i need to install a whole new version. Please help!!! Thank you very much!

It's a fresh install of Frozen. There were some changes to parallel the "official" 2.3.4.1 patch, but there have been myriad other changes since 2.3.4BS. You will be able to migrate your database and product images, although I don't think there's any "one-button" process for that (you need to compare database schemas and upgrade your DB field by field and table by table). It should not be anywhere near as bad as migrating from the non-BS official versions. It will also bring you up to PHP 7.1 compatibility. Don't forget to go over the "bugs in Frozen" thread to fix a number of minor issues.

• 5 weeks later...

I can encourage everyone to update to the latest version including bs4: My page increased at PageSpeed Insights from frozen to the latest version from a score of 91 to 98...

Thank you to Gary and all those contributing 

Keep in mind that BSv4 is with "Edge", not "Frozen". Edge is still in development and can change daily, with code changes appearing one day and being backed out the next. If you don't mind such instability, try Edge. Otherwise, stick with Frozen -- once you have the minor bugs list patched, it's stable.

On 4/8/2019 at 5:21 AM, cupidare said:

I can encourage everyone to update to the latest version including bs4: My page increased at PageSpeed Insights from frozen to the latest version from a score of 91 to 98...

Thank you to Gary and all those contributing 

Thank you for the kind words, and thank you for your support over the years.

Archived