• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email queuing system

DAVID3733

1 hour ago, René H4 said:

I understand. But since it's an automated system there is no control over the language that is sent out, I suppose.

We'll just see how it works.....

Easiest option would probably be; put both languages in the same email... but yeah, try it when it comes ;) 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I've now added in some extra data points for birthdays and for review_request;

Birthday, you can do (eg):

• Hey {{FNAME}}, it's your birthday on the {{DOB_DAY}} {{DOB_MONTH}}, happy birthday to you! 
    Here's something from us to help you celebrate your special day...

Outputs:

• Hey Mickey, it's your birthday on the 14th July, happy birthday to you! 
    Here's something from us to help you celebrate your special day...

Review Request (eg):

• Hi {{FNAME}}, thanks for ordering;

{PRODUCTS}}

We hope you're happy enough to give us a positive review!
    You can always check the status of this order at https://www.shop.com/account_history_info?order_id={{OID}}

Outputs:

• Hi Mickey, thanks for ordering;

1 x Samsung Galaxy
    2 x Under Siege

We hope you're happy enough to give us a positive review!
    You can always check the status of this order at https://www.shop.com/account_history_info?order_id=23

I'm just now cleaning up the code to ready it for live testing...

On 3/7/2019 at 5:04 PM, JcMagpie said:

😂 Sorry about that, you said.

I think you mean magneticone ? but I could be wrong! They look to be using both trade names depending on what product you look at.

https://www.magneticone.com/store/osCommerce.Modules/Follow..up.Autoresponder.for.html

Odd how they are still showing it as available to download but link is dead!! If you have the php code check if the licence allows you to share it?

image.thumb.png.aeca0793430ed052f5c7e3821d071e5d.png

Here https://emagicone-store-manager-for-oscommerce.software.informer.com/download/  i did downlaod the https://emagicone.com/products/solutions-for-oscommerce/

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

On 3/7/2019 at 2:42 AM, JcMagpie said:

Intresting programe never used it before? they have made it free for osC with no support.

https://emagicone.com/products/solutions-for-oscommerce/

image.thumb.png.321fe9b009af75f7d1f657e31e183fa1.png

Thank you, i did click the wrong "Quote!!!

Here https://emagicone-store-manager-for-oscommerce.software.informer.com/download/  i did downlaod the https://emagicone.com/products/solutions-for-oscommerce/

@burt

Have you considered how your mail responder works with Guest Accounts (PWA probably being the most popular Guest system for osC)?

It obviously won't do anything for customer's birthdays, but if you integrate it with your token key module, it could be used for reviews, shipping followup, etc. I'm not sure about the legality of contacting a guest after a year for a winback ...

M

3 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@burt

Have you considered how your mail responder works with Guest Accounts (PWA probably being the most popular Guest system for osC)?

It obviously won't do anything for customer's birthdays, but if you integrate it with your token key module, it could be used for reviews, shipping followup, etc. I'm not sure about the legality of contacting a guest after a year for a winback ...

M

I haven't.  I'm aiming to get something useable for "out of the box" osC...and then if individuals need technical advice/changes, I'm available as usual.
Long story short, for something like PWA (note that I do not know exactly how PWA works but have a general idea), it would just mean working out what data is available and creating a an outgoing-email module for that data.  To make a long story even shorter; not difficult I think.

As for something like a winback (or any other outgoing-email module) that would be up to each shopowner to decide what is right for their demographic...as simple as that...

This has turned into a bit of a nightmare.  By adding in those extra {{XYZ}} tags I made it
almost impossible for users to *easily* extend the system further. 😕 

So, I've recoded that portion (again [that's three times now]!) and it is, at last, as smooth as silk. 

However making it that easy on the shop side... has broken the admin side functions.  So I now have to recode portions of that 😕 

18 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@burt

M

Guest Account is one of the badest thing an Online Shop can have. This was good in the past, but now this feature for Online Shops get more and more down.

19 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

I've always been surprised that people using PWA style shops would email customers at all.   I thought from a customers point of view they were opting not to give or have shopowners use their data or information at all.  I would be shocked if I got an email from a shop I opted not to set up an account with.   Is that not an issue with guest systems?

Dan

1 hour ago, mcmannehan said:

Guest Account is one of the badest thing an Online Shop can have.

Please can u also explain why? Just curious to know.

Best regards.

Another full day of coding this, the joys of being a coder.  I now have it as easy as possible to add in {{XYZ}} tags, and they automatically show in the admin side as available for use.  Eg on the "no_checkout" slug I added in {{SIGN_UP_DATE}} (which is the date customer created account) and in the admin side it appears like so ready for use;

available.jpg.0f9e9beed12c4779006ce9d931b9d385.jpg

It's not as simple as I'd like, but I think I've done as much as I can working within the confines of the osCommerce architecture...

9 hours ago, Rwe said:

Please can u also explain why? Just curious to know.

Guest Account is one of the [baddest] thing an Online Shop can have. This was good in the past, but now this feature for Online Shops get more and more down.

The first time I read it, I thought he was just using Black Slang (bad = good, get down = get frisky/get busy). Now I'm wondering. Not having to create an account seems to be widely popular, as people fear their information will be used to harass them (marketing emails, sale of personal information, etc.). I too, would like to hear his reasoning.

Adding in those extra {{XYZ}} tags has caused problems.  Main problem being on the admin side when adding an email into the Queue, the extra {{XYZ}} tags over and above the basic (always available) ones were impossible to add. 

That's now solved after much banging of head on keyboard.  So, I think it's now good to start being properly tested - over the weekend I'll upload the new files to the demo site, clean out the queued emails and ask for testers (once again, sorry)...

I believe this is now ready to test, if you are able to spend 5 minutes to create an account and perform a checkout I would greatly appreciate it:

https://template.me.uk/outgoing/

Please *please* use a real email address as part of the testing will be viewing emails when they come to you to ensure that they contain the correct (ie, your!) data and letting me know of any issues. 

This system has as standard:

• birthday greetings
    sent X days prior to the customers next birthday [default: 21 days]
  • no checkout
    sent X days after creating an account (and not checking out) [default: 5]
  • request review
    sent X days after an order is made [default: 60]
  • winback
    sent X days after the customers last order (or create_account if no order) [default: 365]

Where X is a number of days defined (per module), default as shown.  Each could be changed by shopowners as needed; perhaps some shopowners might feel a year later for "winback" is too long - in which case set it to (eg) 90 for the email winback to fire off about 3 months after last.  Etc and so on.

ps, for testing, nothing will actually be emailed out to you until I manipulate the Queue send_at dates.  

Once I have a few test emails in the Queue, I'll play with the dates so emails will go out much sooner than their intended date (eg, a review which would have gone out 60 days later, will go out today/tomorrow (for testing purposes) etc - hope that makes sense...

Gary...I created an account but didn't buy anything. 😧  I thought you might want to test the no purchase module....if you want me to complete an order just let me know.

Dan

Great - thanks guys.  Some emails should have gone out;

• testin123 to Eddy and one other tester (inserted by me directly in admin)
  • no_checkout to Dan (amended date to send today)
  • birthday_greetings to Dan (amended date to send today)

Hopefully you'll get them and data should show correctly...

17 minutes ago, burt said:

Awesome, thank you. I'll now update a couple of the "review_request" to send today rather than in 60 days...

I completed an order this time so you'd have another purchase to work with.

Dan

Just now, Dan Cole said:

I completed an order this time so you'd have another purchase to work with.

Dan

👍 request_review was set for 60 days, I changes it to "now", so it fired off...
It should be with you...fingers crossed with the correct data...

Archived