• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email queuing system

DAVID3733

32 minutes ago, burt said:

Please have a test?  Anyone who has already create a account ... would just need to perform a checkout, or create a whole new account (with DOB) and perform a checkout.  I can then screenshot the email queue to explain what emails would be incoming to you in the future...

Gary is this of help to you?  If so, let me know and log an order for you.

Dan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, burt said:

Yes pls Dan - the more testers the better.  

Consider it done!  You can also send the emails if you want.

Great, it's looking good...

eeeeeee.jpg.e702ba4afd9384a3848b0fc4b77d71d1.jpg

• Burty signed up today but didn't complete a checkout
    - Email will go out in 5 days asking if there was a problem ***
    - Email will go out 31 July with birthday wishes (21 days prior to his birthday)
  • Dan signed up today and gave his birthday, and completed a checkout
    - Email will go out 27 April wishing him a happy birthday (approx 3 weeks prior to birthday)
    - Email will go out 10th May (60 days) asking for a review
    - Email will go out 10th March 2020 asking why he hasn't ordered for a year ***
  • Rene completed a checkout today
  • Steve completed a checkout today

*** - these emails get cancelled depending on customer interaction. 

As an example, let us say that Burty logs in 2 days from now (13 March)...and completes a checkout...what happens:

1. no_checkout is cancelled as he has now checked out
  2. request_review goes out in 60 days (so May 12th or so) from the date of sale
  3. winback will go out about 13th March 2020 asking why he hasn't bought anything for a year (remembering that this would be cancelled if he did log in inside that year)

Pretty cool little system ?  I'm pleased with how it's turned out.  You may have noticed I made a "no_checkout" slug - it took less than two minutes, no core code changes - all plugged into the system automatically.  BOOM!  That is the future of osCommerce.

8 hours ago, burt said:

Great, it's looking good...

eeeeeee.jpg.e702ba4afd9384a3848b0fc4b77d71d1.jpg

• Burty signed up today but didn't complete a checkout
    - Email will go out in 5 days asking if there was a problem ***
    - Email will go out 31 July with birthday wishes (21 days prior to his birthday)
  • Dan signed up today and gave his birthday, and completed a checkout
    - Email will go out 27 April wishing him a happy birthday (approx 3 weeks prior to birthday)
  • Rene completed a checkout today
  • Steve completed a checkout today

*** - these emails get cancelled depending on customer interaction. 

As an example, let us say that Burty logs in 2 days from now (13 March)...and completes a checkout...what happens:

1. no_checkout is cancelled as he has now checked out
  2. request_review goes out in 60 days (so May 12th or so) from the date of sale
  3. winback will go out about 13th March 2020 asking why he hasn't bought anything for a year (remembering that this would be cancelled if he did log in inside that year)

Pretty cool little system ?  I'm pleased with how it's turned out.  You may have noticed I made a "no_checkout" slug - it took less than two minutes, no core code changes - all plugged into the system automatically.  BOOM!  That is the future of osCommerce.

Pretty cool.

looking good 👏👏.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:03 PM, burt said:

Any more ideas for emails to go into the Email Queue?

what about Google  reviews.

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

A couple more hours spent on it this morning, now it's really nice. 

There's just one piece of code I'm not super happy with, but I don't think I can do
anything about it due to osCommerces architecture - I'll have a think on it today.

This is a -potential- gamechanger addon I think.  

The emails I send from my followup auto responder are as follows

If someone elects to place there order and telephone the order through then they receive a email reminding them to do so along with details a few hours later, then a follow up 24 hours later if they haven't done so, these are deleted by the system if the order is set to authorized

If they purchase a item that is out of stock they are reminded of this after a few hours, then, depending on where we are getting the goods from (we import a lot of them) they will get a few reminders (we tell customers items are out of stock and we can order them in especially but sometimes this can take time)

when we mark a item as dispatched, after a few hours we send them, information about the shippers we use, tel numbers etc, later link to invoice,  a goods care sheet, we sell items that require maintenance, 10 days later request for review

If there is a return then when order is set to returns a email info sheet goes out with instructions and all previous emails relating to to order in queue are cancelled automatically

If there is a cancellation then order is set to cancelled and all previous queued emails are cancelled

These are all done in the background, the action is just set in admin with changes to the order, ie dispatched etc

Think thats about it, looking good so far

David

David

4 hours ago, DAVID3733 said:

The emails I send from my followup auto responder are as follows

If someone elects to place there order and telephone the order through then they receive a email reminding them to do so along with details a few hours later, then a follow up 24 hours later if they haven't done so, these are deleted by the system if the order is set to authorized

If they purchase a item that is out of stock they are reminded of this after a few hours, then, depending on where we are getting the goods from (we import a lot of them) they will get a few reminders (we tell customers items are out of stock and we can order them in especially but sometimes this can take time)

when we mark a item as dispatched, after a few hours we send them, information about the shippers we use, tel numbers etc, later link to invoice,  a goods care sheet, we sell items that require maintenance, 10 days later request for review

If there is a return then when order is set to returns a email info sheet goes out with instructions and all previous emails relating to to order in queue are cancelled automatically

If there is a cancellation then order is set to cancelled and all previous queued emails are cancelled

These are all done in the background, the action is just set in admin with changes to the order, ie dispatched etc

Think thats about it, looking good so far

My system is more geared towards what the customer does (or does not do). 
So all the emails are inserted/deleted depending on customer action.

The only thing admin can do is insert emails into the Queue or delete emails from the Queue from the admin side "view queue" page. 
There isn't an automatic mechanism for (eg);

• admin updates order to "shipped" => email does not get added to queue

It's 99% about the shop-side, customers focus - which is I think quite different from the system you have?

Would it be be of more use (to the original topic) if I split out this development and chit chat into it's own thread. 
I kinda hijacked your thread, sorry 😕 

10 minutes ago, Dan Cole said:

And another good reason to support the ongoing development of osC.

Dan

I am in .. Thank you @burt for your excellent work .

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

Idiot I forgot one important part of the whole thing:  order_id

Without that order_id as an available {{OID}}, shopowner cannot direct the customer to (eg account_history_info.php?order_id=X - which would obviously be very useful.  I don't have time today (out most of the day) but will get that into the system later on tonight ready for testing.

And then I'll get the full system out to a couple of shopowners for real-life testing, and dependant on the result of that...out into the wild.

16 hours ago, René H4 said:

I just installed the AJAX buy-now add-on, I love it.

I agree, great Addon

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

1 hour ago, Mikepo said:

I agree, great Addon

Agreed. Very spiffy.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

3 hours ago, René H4 said:

@burt Gary, Will this system recognize the country it's sent to, and therefor set the correct language of the message? 

Or is another option to make the message bi-langual, so anyone can read it?

The checkout in osc is default_language only so far as I recall, but there is nothing to stop shopowner from writing a multilingual outgoing email...

Archived