• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osC CE BS4 running on PHP 7.3

JcMagpie

osC BS4 EDGE running on PHP 7.3  will it work?

Well yes it can. I have updated the test site to PHP 7.3 and it's running fine so far.

https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/

So what's required. If you just switch over you may just get a blank screen and fatal error below.

[04-Mar-2019 08:47:06 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function mysqli_connect(), 3 passed in /home/********/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 167 and exactly 4 expected in /home/********/public_html/includes/functions/database.php:163
Stack trace:

What you will need to do is make sure you have 2 aditional php extentions installed. How to do this depends on your host, some will need to edit php.ini others may just be able to select by ticking the extentions on the select options in your control panel.

The 2 extentions required are,

nd_mysqli
nd_pdo_mysql

Front end is not showing any errors so far but I'm sure some more work will be required.

Front end worked without any issues in adding product to cart, logging in and checking out.

Backend also works fine orders can be edited and processed no glitches or issues spoted so far.

So running for a few hours now and doing some basic testing and browsing on the site it's stable and working fine, also apperes to run a smoother than before! I know this is very subjective but it defnitly feels a little quicker.

Checking the bench mark numbers reported PHP 7.3 is supposed to give about 10% overall improvment over PHP 7.2

image.png.e7f937f9675e00c384e52b1ea883f564.png

Archived