• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing VAT and price changes

zefeena

Hi,

With the looming Brexit, I need to de-register for vat (I'm UK), as my relevant turnover will be under the registration threshold once EU sales are no-longer counted.

When I registered a few years ago, I used the following code to switch on VAT and change my prices globally.  I'd like to do the same thing to switch it off and change prices again.  Down side is that I use the 'price break' and this code will not change the additional 3 pricing bands that I have.  Will this code still work as an sql query, and can I 'add' anything to make it work for the price break prices too?   I'm running V2.3.4.

If there is an easy on/off button to globally remove vat that would be nice to know about too!

thanks

SQL - making all items taxable

UPDATE products SET `products_tax_class_id` =2

where '2' is the number of the tax class you've previously created in admin.

On changing prices shopwide - backup the products table (always wise if I've suggested anything) and then do something like

for 50% hike

UPDATE `products` SET `products_price` = `products_price` * 1.5

or easier to visualise

UPDATE `products` SET `products_price` = `products_price` + ( `products_price` *50 /100 ) 

you can change the plus to a minus and the 50 to any percentage that you like

or have a look at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4663

or for a 15% reduction

UPDATE `products` SET `products_price` = `products_price` * 0.85

REMEMBER THIS WILL ONLY UPDATE YOUR MAIN PRICE IF YOU HAVE QUANTITY PRICE BREAKS OTHER PRICES WILL NOT BE CHANGED

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

30 minutes ago, zefeena said:

If there is an easy on/off button to globally remove vat that would be nice to know about too!

If all you mean is turn VAT off in the price then yes, in admin/config just set

Display Prices with Tax  to FALSE,

If you also need to change the prices globaly to correct for not adding VAT , you wish to put up or down prices then yes @BrockleyJohn  did an add-on for me that lets you change price on all products or by manufacturer it's in the add-on section just search for it under his name.

found it

Quick update BS

13 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

If all you mean is turn VAT off in the price then yes, in admin/config just set

Display Prices with Tax  to FALSE,

I'm not sure I have that option on my version.  The price change add-on looks far more complex than what I did before! It isn't likely that I will want to change the prices in this way often, so I thought running the sql code would do the trick quickly, as a one off.

Screenshot 2019-03-03 at 10.08.15.png

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

If the previous price hike code worked, I'm presuming it still will?

this was:

for 50% hike

UPDATE `products` SET `products_price` = `products_price` * 1.5

or for a 15% reduction

UPDATE `products` SET `products_price` = `products_price` * 0.85

I'm, therefore, assuming that if the above works for my base price, then the following would work for the price_break items:

UPDATE `products_price_break` SET `products_price` = `products_price` * 1.5

or for a 15% reduction

UPDATE `products_price_break` SET `products_price` = `products_price` * 0.85

Screenshot 2019-03-03 at 10.23.08.png

13 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

admin/configuration/my store

Thank you, found it now!

I understand that will show my items without tax, but it appears, it will still then add the tax at checkout? Obviously if I set all my tax rates to 0%, then no tax will actually get added, but that might still look like I'm vat registered but charging vat at 0%?  Will turning this off remove the vat column from the invoice, or does it really not make any difference if I have a vat column showing 0%.  In other words: Am I being unnecessarily pedantic?!!!

1 hour ago, zefeena said:

I'm presuming it still will?

SQL script should work if no changes have been made to tables.

Just backup your database and do a test run. If it fails, just restore database.

Thanks I'll have a go with it when the site is quiet! 

Archived