• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discount code Inc Paypal Express

DAVID3733

Hello

I am configuring a new 2.3.4.1 CE bootstrap 4 version and looking for recommendation for a discount code add in, would look at commercial too

I would like it to work with Paypal express, not just paypal, I assume that would mean having the discount code box called earlier in process

I also use Wordpay hosted and pay over the telephone with card payment modules, although suspect they are not issues

Thank you

David

Thanks Rainer

Pretty sure the shopping cart is already modular, i can sort the order in modules content

I had already looked at discount codes 4.4.2_BS, I noticed it mentioned Paypal but not express, so I assume it does else you wouldnt of recomended it, at what stage does it does it allow the customer to input the discount code

Regards

David

David

It includes a shopping cart module to enter the discount code already there. It works with PayPal express without any additional modification.

It's also recommended to use it together with:

Ship In Cart BS reloaded

Like this the customer wil see shipping cost and real order totals with discount applied before going to paypal.

Update on above

Can confirm that I have done as Rainer suggested, installed modular shopping cart, ship-i-cart reloaded, and discount codes, haven't switched Paypal express on yet but i wouldn't have thought its a issue, all the data is there

all is working great, installed on 2.3.4.1 CE, bootstrap 4 with, PHP 7.2.14 

couple of css changes to update to BS4, but thats only visual, worked straight out of the box, as I knew nothing about bs4 it was interesting playing with it, probably forget it all tomorrow though

the only thing i couldn't work out is why the work Tax or VAT is not written on the estimated order total, but since noticed its also missing further into the check-out so there must be a language file somewhere that i have yet to find,  job for another day with fresh eyes

Anyway just a vote for the above add on's makes the checkout much better with all that info on one page before checkout continues

Regards

David

David

Hello

It was a few weeks ago now that I installed the discount codes 4.4.2_BS

and as this is a new site have installed so much since so not sure if the issue i have was there before as do not think i looked as a customer, probably more likely i have over written something but been over the original installation instructions twice and all seems to be as it should

on account_history_info.php I get the error as indicated below, a pointer of where to look next would be great

Thank you

David

1054 - Unknown column 'discount_codes' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified, discount_codes from orders where orders_id = '21466'

[TEP STOP]

David

Hello David,

The column "discount_codes" is not used by discount codes 4.4.2_BS and the discount codes 4.4.2_BS installation doesn't modify the account_history_info.php file.

This code seems to be left over from another discount code add-on.

Just remove " discount_codes " from the query in your account_history_info.php or revert all modifications you applied for the installation of the other discount code add-on.

Meanwhile: Please post your support questions on discount codes BS in the official support forum:

Discount Code BS

Like this more users may see your post and help and benefit from the answers.

best regards
Rainer

Hi Rainer

couldn't see the forum for it, will do so in future

Thanks for commenting on the issue,

I do not remember doing it but had commented a change with "// Discount Codes 4.4.2. BS" in classes/orders. php, removed the ref the discount_code in the sql and all is working fine

Regards

David

David

Hello David @DAVID3733,

Sorry, I was unprecise.

If you are using paypal standard, you need this modification.

But you have to install first paypal standard in the PayPal App.

Then uninstall and reinstall the discount code order total module.

Please reread the instructions under:

4. Optional if using the PayPal standard payment module. (Requires PayPal App)

If you do NOT use paypal standard, revert all modifications under this point.

Ah now I know know how it happened, it all makes sense now

I recently removed all the database defines, it was a long very job and instead of doing a compare on the Paypal standard page (as i was not going to use it)I just copied the new file, overwriting the previous changes made with the install of discount codes, I will be using Paypal express though

Thanks for clearing it up, thought i was going mad

David

David