• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up PayPal Sandbox

thumb

I am starting up a new cart using OScommerce 2.3.4.1 CE and I think I need to set up a PayPal sandbox to test everything on checkout without it actually being live. I've had a PayPal account for years and I entered that info in the regular setup but when I try to retrieve sandbox credentials it wants me to sign up for a business account. Do I need a business account to do this?

Only if you need to check with more that one account.

"Create a personal sandbox account to represent the buyer in a transaction. The PayPal sandbox automatically creates your first personal sandbox account when you sign up for a developer account on the developer site. To generate the personal sandbox account name, PayPal appends -buyer to your email address. "

2 hours ago, thumb said:

I think I need to set up a PayPal sandbox to test everything on checkout without it actually being live.

A sandbox account is useful for development but for just testing a site, it is overkill and a pain. Plus, it isn't exactly the same as a live one. In my opinion, a better way to go is to create a personal account that you can use to make purchases on the shop. In other words, you will have two paypal accounts: one for your shop and one to test with. The money transfers will be real but it's your money. And if you void the transaction, there's no charge for it.  You can also just ask a friend or family member to test an order since you will probably only be placing one or two orders for testing.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived