• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Odd cart display on products with options

Anyone got to the bottom of why we get this odd display when a product with options is added to the cart without selecting an option! It's like this on BS3 Frozen and BS4 edge. 

Cart shows empty but you still get mixed message.

Or have I missied a bug fix update?

image.png.85287eeabfa6f55e0dfbc09cffdb63f5.png

The core code doesn't get you into this position because you have to choose an option on the product page.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

20 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

because you have to choose an option on the product page.

I'm confused, the options were set to Enforce Selection  false so it was giving this mixed display. Swithched to Enforce Selection true and display now ok.

Not my shop as I never make use of options, I allways simply add any variant as a another product.

I think it's down to confusion on how to use options. The example used is,

Car comes in black as standerd, this is the product car black £9999.00

It's also avilable as a optional extra as Metalic Black on special order for an aditional £900.00

So shop owner adds black car as normal product and add's optional Metalic Black paint as a option.

Hence they do not wish to force option selection "after all it's just a option" So with Enforce Selection  false the product can not be added to cart and you get odd display on page.

So it look like they have to make the product and add 2 options

1) Black at zero cost

2) second option as Metalic Black at the aditional cost.

Then to make shoping simple and to avoid lossing sales from customers  who do not realise they have a drop down to pick option  even if they are not intrested in an option!

You must set Add Helper Text to "FALSE" this then allows the product to be added directly into cart by customer without having to do anything with drop down.

Guess they just have to do a little more work to add products with options.

Well that did not work either as if you do set more than one option it look's like the customer still has to use the options drop down as options with zero cost are not selected as default.

So setting Add Helper Text to "FALSE" will not help and could result in many wrong orders as customers who fail to spot the option will add the paid option to cart by default.

image.png.9fbd06a5f14868dfe086dcad229d1c8e.png

So you must still use drop down to add normal product to cart.

image.png.8aced1dba1b9c6c4293227edb73f9aeb.png

Clearly I'm missing somthing basic on this one, This shows a card available for £299.99, but customer can never buy at £299.99 as the only way to add to cart is to select and option! All of which add to displayed cost? Only way to buy at £299.99 i to make 2 new options both set to zero cost.

image.png.cbefc10b229f471e217142267d783e17.png 

2 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

So change to code or have I missed a setting in admin?

i added that code, to the query on line 60, and it will sort by the price so the cheapest would be the first option, instead of what order they were entered in.

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

1 hour ago, BrockleyJohn said:

The core code doesn't get you into this position because you have to choose an option on the product page.

If you know what's causing it, care sharing it with the rest of us? It does look like this is default behaviour on a stock install.

So got it to a usable state where shop is happy with using options.

First add as @puddlec stated

order by pa.options_values_price

to query on line 60 in  public_html/includes/modules/content/product_info/cm_pi_options_attributes.php

Then turns to "FALSE" in admin both Enforce Selection  and Add Helper Text , then in options add " No Options Required  " as a value in options and apply it to each product.

You then can add the stock product directly into cart without having to touch the options select.

I would think this is a change that should be made as putting a product on your site at a price that the customer can never  purchase could land you in could land you in trouble with trading standards, and unless I have totaly misunderstood this bit of code it looks like stock install will give you this problem.

image.png.aaab0411b69136730bd938861092332c.png

image.png.64d6825559dc7f552cd0eed21c51f99c.png

Archived