• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updating admin/specials.php

Portman

Hi,

I'm trying to modify the admin/specials.php page so that i can update multiple different prices for different groups (think SPPC or Wholesale Lite)

I am playing around with the update and insert section of the file...

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " (products_id, specials_new_products_price, specials_date_added, expires_date, status) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($specials_price) . "', now(), " . (tep_not_null($expires_date) ? "'" . tep_db_input($expires_date) . "'" : 'null') . ", '1')");
        tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " set specials_new_products_price = '" . tep_db_input($specials_price) . "', specials_last_modified = now(), expires_date = " . (tep_not_null($expires_date) ? "'" . tep_db_input($expires_date) . "'" : 'null') . " where specials_id = '" . (int)$specials_id . "'");

but I need to make a loop so that I can insert the multiple different prices....

In an attempt to get across what I want to do here is what my thought process is in a  broken code kind of way...

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " (products_id, specials_new_products_price,  ...

for ($i=1; $i<=xxx; $i++) {
            insert_new_special_price_  . $i;

}

...   specials_date_added, expires_date, status) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($specials_price) . "', now(), " . (tep_not_null($expires_date) ? "'" . tep_db_input($expires_date) . "'" : 'null') . ", '1')");

I have been trying different things and been looking around for solutions, but for the life of me I cant get it to work.

Can anyone give me some help 

Sorry, my above example does not make a lot of sense....  can I create 2 arrays... 1 with the table labels ... 1 with the record values and then add them to the tep_db_query line....

this sort of thing....

$array_labels = 

table_label_  . $i;

}

$array_values =

insert_new_special_price_  . $i;

}

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " (products_id, specials_new_products_price, . '" $array_labels "' .  specials_date_added, expires_date, status) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($specials_price) . "', '"  . $array_values .  "' ,now(), " . (tep_not_null($expires_date) ? "'" . tep_db_input($expires_date) . "'" : 'null') . ", '1')");

Hi everyone...

can someone please help me out with this one.... I'm trying to get this to work...

for ($i=1; $i<=x; $i++) {

$specials_new_ws_prices = ($sInfo->specials_new_ws_price_$i); 
						echo $specials_new_ws_prices ;
              }

obviously I get a "syntax error, unexpected '$i' (T_VARIABLE)" on the above...

if I change it to;

$specials_new_ws_prices = ($sInfo->specials_new_ws_price_1); 

It prints the correct value from the database, so how do I make it work using the value of $i

The idea is to populate an input field in the loop.

Thanks,

never mind.... sorted it out.... I assume this ok, or is there a better way to do it?...

for ($i=1; $i<=x; $i++) {

$temp_holder = "specials_new_ws_price_$i";
			$specials_new_ws_prices = ($sInfo->$temp_holder); 
              echo $specials_new_ws_prices;
              }

Archived