Latest News: (loading..)
tttim6575

DOWNLOADED ITEMS FOR SALE

MY downloads items are getting shipping charges and theere no way to turn off shipping for a certain item or group of items what do i do  my show is live?

Edited by tttim6575

You should not be using osC v 3.x unless you are a very experienced developer. It is an experimental/developmental version which will probably never see the light of day. What you should be using is the community-supported osC 2.3.4.1BS "Frozen". If you're experienced enough to deal with an unstable, constantly changing version, there's also "Edge".

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozenpatches or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

On other version of oscommerce if you don't enter a weight, there will be no shipping charges. Don't know about what you are using though.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Before installing the official version of oscommerce first look at a responsive version here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

I think it is safe to say that people, especially people new to this forum, may not know where to post questions. Thus, we often get questions posted in the v2.4 and v3.0 areas that actually do not have anything to do with those versions.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

Do our moderators have the ability to move misplaced threads into the right area? If they do, they should be doing so! Assume that it's "official" 2.3.4.1 if the poster doesn't state their osC version.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozenpatches or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

On 2/18/2019 at 5:54 PM, 14steve14 said:

On other version of oscommerce if you don't enter a weight, there will be no shipping charges. Don't know about what you are using though.

You can create a workaround based on weight if you only sell downloads, but the proper design is a bit more complicated than that, and if you use standard shipping modules like flat rate or table rate based on order value, then this statement is false.

When orders only have products that are virtual, checkout_shipping is skipped and shipping set to zero.

Downloadable products have at least one product option with the attribute filename set.

If an order contains only products with filename for download options set and no other options, the order is considered virtual and checkout skips the shipping.

Caveat: it's a while since I looked at this and there may be further wrinkles but that's the basic idea.

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (2.3.4.1 CE) here: https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/2341-Frozen.zip

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x