• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Addon Feedback

Feedback on Addons  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Allow Feedback on Addon "Support Threads"...

• YES, feedback helps to make a decision to use or not use an addon...it helps the coder to make better code...
    • NO, we should be happy that someone took the time to make an addon, let's not bash them for that...

39 minutes ago, burt said:

No one (to my knowledge) has made personal threats and insults towards Zahid

So the idiot that demanded I make changes immediately and made false allegations about me charging for work and touting for buissnes was my imagination?

The other developer who also has a commercial interest who decided to make false allegations and print out code claming it was from my addon to try and make me look stupid, and even when it was pointed out to him he was wrong and should look at the instaltion instuction and code in add-on, that too did not happen! All this after you get pissed off sure all a coincidence! or just a figment of my imagination again. 😂

Once again Burt you just can not let somthing end can you! As normal beeing very selective and missleading people. Can I suggest that you get on and do your thing and let me do mine. That way you will not have any further issues to get worked up about.

You can get on with selling your trinkets and I'll keep making mine free as and when time allows.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JcMagpie said:

So the idiot that demanded I make changes immediately and made false allegations about me charging for work and touting for buissnes was my imagination?

The other developer who also has a commercial interest who decided to make false allegations and print out code claming it was from my addon to try and make me look stupid, and even when it was pointed out to him he was wrong and should look at the instaltion instuction and code in add-on, that too did not happen! All this after you get pissed off sure all a coincidence! or just a figment of my imagination again. 😂

Once again Burt you just can not let somthing end can you! As normal beeing very selective and missleading people. Can I suggest that you get on and do your thing and let me do mine. That way you will not have any further issues to get worked up about.

I stated "To my knowledge"...

• I was (until this minute) unaware of a developer stating you charged for work.
  • I was (until this minute) unaware of another developer printing out code from an addon.

Was either of those developers me?  There are only two other full-time developers in this community, so I'm going to assume it's them.  I can ASSURE you that I do not have supporters that are other developers and I can ASSURE you that I am not rounding up people to prod and poke you.  In fact one of those developers and I have not spoken in *years* - no falling out, just a parting of the ways - I wanted to go one way, he wanted to stick with official osC.

I'd like to ask, please ... Why are you (and others) constantly on my back about my 28d?  It's a commercial project from a commercial sponsor - note only am I a Team Member, I am also a Commercial Sponsor  as well as a multi-time Community Sponsor.  Can you not let it go, the constant belittling of 28d?

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2019‎/‎02‎/‎17 at 10:12 AM, Gyakutsuki said:

Quality depends what do you want to include  ?
Code or not, idea or not.
Code :
You can have a professional code make without OsCommerce knowledge  
Professional coder knowing the osC ecosystem.
It's not the same thing, not the same approach but in the both of case, the code is well coded.  Bad or good rating ?

Beginner: You have people want to start to know php, people want to start and try change something inside the shop and at the end to share. Always bad rating ?
Value : Again depends on the definition : For one can be nice, for another can be nothing. Bad or good rating ?  You can sell / create community  add on, without no value for the shop owner, no ?

A forum needs dynamic people and create activity and attract some other people. Positive thinking, not bad thinking a forum must have. Do we have that ?
Destroy someone because this participation is very important is no good for the forum (for any reason), it's no good for the community no good for the mentality. It's not a good sign.

I prefer a rating like that :
Works or not works with the lastest core : Yes / No. (In this case the script must be rewritten. All the script has obsolescence).
Coding osC ecosystem ready : Yes / No
Core modification : Yes / no

The best approach is to create a thread, write a little comment and ask the community to verify the add on is correct or not. Some people can test, some people can look the look the cde and make comment.
Collaboration, share, positive attitude is the best to create a dynamic.
After a beginner can contact a "professional" by email and can ask to advise by a comment on the forum.

why not a rating system like osCommerce has? and when submitting an addon there should be checkmarks the submitter must tick off like, changes to core, screen shots included, demo site provided, has support thread, etc, etc

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

On 2/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, burt said:
  • 20 Yes
  • 0 No. 

Tells us we must have something in place for feedback.  We don't have the ability (as of today) to do it in the Addons Area, so should we try it as part of the Support Thread?  

I'm assuming not too much interest in a committee of testers, so probably that idea is a non-starter.

I think a community of testers is a fantastic idea if be up for being a part of this

Archived