• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM Product info Stock CE

Are you checking what you are uploading?

I'm not sure taking your last one as an example

function execute() {
      global $oscTemplate, $product_info, $products, $manufacturer, $languages_id;

$content_width = (int)MODULE_CONTENT_PI_STOCK_CONTENT_WIDTH;

if (isset($_GET['products_id'])) {
        $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, mi.manufacturers_url from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on (m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p  where p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id");
        if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturer_query)) {
          $manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {
        $products_model = $product_info['products_model'];

$product_description = stripslashes($product_info['products_description']);
      $products_quantity = stripslashes($product_info['products_quantity']);
      $products_name = stripslashes($product_info['products_name']);
      $products_url = stripslashes($product_info['products_url']);
      $products_gtin = stripslashes($product_info['products_gtin']);
      $products_seo_description = stripslashes($product_info['products_seo_description']);
      $products_seo_keywords = stripslashes($product_info['products_seo_keywords']);
      $manufacturers_image = stripslashes($manufacturer['manufacturers_image']);

ob_start();
        include('includes/modules/content/' . $this->group . '/templates/tpl_' . basename(__FILE__));
        $template = ob_get_clean();

$oscTemplate->addContent($template, $this->group);

}
        }}}

What has all that stuff to to with the products model display ?

Please put at least some basic attention to what you are uploading

function execute() {
      global $oscTemplate, $product_info;

$content_width = (int)MODULE_CONTENT_PI_STOCK_CONTENT_WIDTH;

if (isset($_GET['products_id'])) {
        if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {
          $products_model = $product_info['products_model'];

ob_start();
          include('includes/modules/content/' . $this->group . '/templates/tpl_' . basename(__FILE__));
          $template = ob_get_clean();

$oscTemplate->addContent($template, $this->group);
        }
      }
    }

Its not the point about a "better alternative", its about your responsibility

If you like what you are producing, then you can keep doing and use it for your self.

Uploading for others to use, require at least some basic responsibility and attention

There is already more than enough crap in the addons area, lets try not to make it more, its in your hand

You are not the first one here trying to promote your self as a "great contributor" and "active community member" while fishing for clients - trash talking at the same time other peoples work

Ουδέν κρυπτόν υπό τον ήλιον

Please correct the bad piece of code you uploaded. You are responsible for that

I have enough proof for what I say.

What you do is a very bad business practice, however not relevant for the most

Only relevant point here and request fro my side is: Please correct the code you uploaded because it is simply not correct

26 minutes ago, valquiria23 said:

to move forward oscommere.

This kind of technical bad  quality uploads dont move Oscommerce forward,  it should be rejected.

24 minutes ago, Rwe said:

This kind of technical bad  quality uploads dont move Oscommerce forward,  it should be rejected.

NONE OF US (me included) have the right to upload addons for "CE" to the "apps marketplace" (what used to be called addons area or contributions area) - we never have had that right, we (likely) never will have that right.   Only official osC is allowed...so it's extremely likely addons that are not directly for official osc...will be removed in the near future. 

Let the OP make his addons.  Hopefully when he gets advice to make them better...he'll listen.  We were all n00b-coders once upon a time.

Unlike most of the contributors of this site who are here for commercial reasons (which is not bad) Zahid @JcMagpie does it for the love of Oscommerce and not for Sterling Pounds or Euros ...

He is not a professional programmer and he does it for the love of ocommerce ... and that is very important in differentiating.
It is easy to criticize, but much more difficult to give solutions.

I wish you all love and peace

Kiss

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

3 minutes ago, burt said:

Hopefully when he gets advice to make them better...he'll listen.  We were all n00b-coders once upon a time

Will allways listen to advice from people who know better than me, allways have and allways will. Hence update posted. It's the "you must go do it now" that I object to!

Also the add-on was done for someone who wanted fexability to add other bits into it at a later date! My mistake was uploading it in the same format, Oh well never mind.

As to uploading add-on, I have already spoken with HDLP and have his full support to keep producing and uploading my add-on's. If , no when I make mistakes and there will be many! I will do my best to rectify them as and when I have time, that is all I can offer.

And please I'll say it one more time I do NO paid work whatsoever ! Anyone stating otherwise is simply misleading people.

56 minutes ago, Rwe said:

The addon and its idea YES moves oscommerce forward. If there is an error or incorrect code, you can notify the author in a friendly way to solve it.

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

19 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

The person it was made for was very happy with it! so if nothing else one person was happy.

If he knows about the quality of the addon, i dont think he is still happy.

maybe its a good idea to do a quality check on all of your uploads and make them better in case.

anyway when i see the recent addon section it starts to look for 99%  like a kindergarten of commercial useless  addons.

or is it just my opinion?

2 hours ago, burt said:

NONE OF US (me included) have the right to upload addons for "CE" to the "apps marketplace" (what used to be called addons area or contributions area) - we never have had that right, we (likely) never will have that right.   Only official osC is allowed...so it's extremely likely addons that are not directly for official osc...will be removed in the near future. 

Let the OP make his addons.  Hopefully when he gets advice to make them better...he'll listen.  We were all n00b-coders once upon a time. 

Sorry if I don't understand fully. Please, I only try to understand:

1.- Are the CE compatible  addons  banned here? I see a lot of good, usefull, interesting ones in the addoms area being the 'blood' of this almost catatonic project. With good people trying 'go forward' this project.

2.- Doing only addons for the  official 2.3.4.1 is as usefull as make  adons for a Spectrum... or for 2.2...

4.- You, with your HUGE work (with a few colleages) make a 'fresh' update with CE. You said in another places here, that is not official but 'allowed'. Why cut the few people that try to help with addons for 'your' CE version? If someone delete the addons for CE may be he will be correct in the terms but also it will killing the few energy remaining here of people like you, like waiwa, like Jack_cms, etc. etc.

5.- Bad coding: I learned PHP and, I''m sure,  the same of a lot of the rest, reading the  oscommerce code. I see good and usefull addons uploaded. Others so so good and/or interesting according my point of view. The autors need to take care of their 'sons' and the rest of us may ask for issues, new features, technical questions, etc. I think that it's not good to create factions and war againts one to others. Can someone of us confirm us that, when uploading, he discover that there are a mistake and he was forced to re-upload this. A lot of cases with gentle people that in a constructive way inform to the developer or someone that detect a bug in the code.. I'm wrong?!?

6.- I agree with Rwe that the adoms area need a 'rebuild'... but I KNOW that Burt and NONE OF US here can do it... This is the IMPORTANT THING, the sad thing, the impotent thing....

Me, as the rest of you, LOVE oscommerce.

We are less and less people remaining here every day...

Can we be at least to be polite? Can we be constructive?

+1 peace, love, PATIENCE.

12 minutes ago, Antonio Garcia said:

Are the CE compatible  addons  banned here?

I had response from HDLP only a few days ago saying he is happy for add-on to be uploded and is happy to see new ones being added.

Archived