• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pointers on creating large popup image in product_listing

MountainMan

Am using BS version.  Have Colorbox installed.  Objective is to have a large image popup when the visitor clicks on any image in the category product_listings.  This would be the same functionality found when viewing an individual item in product_info.

Hoping someone wiser and more experienced can point me down the right road.  Maybe there is some easy way to do this?   I have been know to have the habit of taking the hard road.  Trying to learn not to reinvent the wheel.

P.S.  I am not sure how the large popup is created in product_info.  I presume it is colorbox, but dont quite get it, yet.

It's not a simple fix. You will need someone to custom code that for you. Have to say, none of the big ecommerce sites work that way, clicking on the image in product listing always takes you to the product info page, where the image gallery normally is.

19 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

Have to say, none of the big ecommerce sites work that way, clicking on the image in product listing always takes you to the product info page, where the image gallery normally is.

Thanks for the advice, but I am experimenting with a more "visual" approach to look and feel (navigation).

6 hours ago, MountainMan said:

but I am experimenting with a more "visual" approach to look and feel (navigation).

Not sure about clicks but using css you can take advantage of transisions on hover so if someone places the mouse on an image it expands! It will depend on the quality of the original image.

Have a look at the cat images on this test site. You can scale up as much as you need.

https://www.justfastfood.com/

Archived