• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where may I edit these texts in the bottom of the website? Installed version FROZEN: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE

fantomen

My information: 
Installed version FROZEN: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE

Server OS:    Linux 4.15.0-45-generic    
HTTP Server:    Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
PHP Version:    7.2.10-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (Zend: 3.2.0)
Database:    MySQL 5.7.25-0ubuntu0.18.04.2

My Question:
Where may I edit these texts in the bottom of the website?
Please see enclosed picture.

1041110440_Wheretoedittheseinfooter.thumb.jpg.3497212e20023ea3e2e0a8d2ccbda3c9.jpg

About us is in

includes/languages/english/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_text.php

contact Us

includes/languages/english/contact_us.php

shipping abd the rest will be here

includes/languages/english/shipping.php

It's best not to ask too many questions like that on the forum 😊, just accept the software is what it is and use it as best you can.

You can replace the stock information with one of the add-ons if you like.

In my setup I *can*  change it from the anmin panel, allthoud you have to take care not to remove any PHP characters.

I can do it from Tools>Define Languages.

You would still have to find out which language file you need to edit, but Zahid already pointed you in the right direction.....:-)

Yes but in stock osC define languages is just a list of files! nothinng to edit just a list. You need aditional add-on's to edit in admin. So please post which add-on you are using so others will know what to use.

It is possible to edit the language files in Admin.

It is a core function, no add-on needed..

admin : tools : define languages -> click on file to edit.

I just checked and found that on my local teststores under windows xampp it doesn't work. Maybe a permissions issue?

But on unix server it works.

1 hour ago, JcMagpie said:

Yes but in stock osC define languages is just a list of files! nothinng to edit just a list. You need aditional add-on's to edit in admin. So please post which add-on you are using so others will know what to use.

1 hour ago, honda4 said:

In my setup I *can*  change it from the anmin panel, allthoud you have to take care not to remove any PHP characters.

I can do it from Tools>Define Languages.

You would still have to find out which language file you need to edit, but Zahid already pointed you in the right direction.....:-)

@honda4 is correct here Zahid. 
The "list" is a list of files, find the one you want to change, click on it (and in a correctly set up shop) you can change it. 
This has been built in since Day 1 of osCommerce.

OP:
Experiment and find out for yourself what the software can do...

I stand corrected it can be edited and it works! 😊 So why all the add-on's for editing these files? Could it be that I'm not the only stupid user that has never used this function?

A simple edit statment or  button would make things a bit clearer and silly fools like me might actualy be able to use it.

😂 Ok I understand now why add-ons are made. The Define Languages opens the PHP file for direct edit!  Not a good idea as a silly mistake could brake the whole site!!

6 minutes ago, burt said:

not the only stupid use

Never mind ,😂 you know what they say

'There's no fool like an old fool'

Archived