• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin-Configuration-My store How to add zones? FROZEN: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE

fantomen

Sure as I said it's an issue with your db proper fix in in the .ini file which your host will be able to do. Or backup and give Phil's thing a shot!

The test I did was using CE Frozen on PHP 7.2 and MySQL 5.1.73

From what little I know that error normaly happens on a db which moves from MySQL 4 to 5 but as I said I don't know much so play safe.

33 minutes ago, fantomen said:

I tried changed this line:

INSERT INTO zones (zone_id, zone_country_id, zone_code, zone_name) VALUES ('',203,'AB','Stockholm')

To this line: 
INSERT INTO zones (null, zone_country_id, zone_code, zone_name) VALUES ('',203,'AB','Stockholm')

@fantomen

You don't want to change the database fields, you want to change the value of the data you are inserting into the fields.

I think what @MrPhil was suggesting is this:

INSERT INTO zones (zone_id, zone_country_id, zone_code, zone_name) VALUES ('null',203,'AB','Stockholm')

1) Back up, back up, back up!

2) I do not know if the 'null' data needs to be surrounded by single quotes or not. Probably not. You may have to try either or both.

3) You will have to make this change to all of the records you are inserting into the database.

HTH

M

MrPhil wrote this answer to me:

Do one of two things:

1. Omit 'zone_id' and '' from the two lists, or
  2. Replace '' with null

One of them should work. zone_id is autoincrement, so omitting it or giving null should increment it to the next value.

NOW I GOT IT WORKING WHEN I WROTE THIS CODE LINE:

INSERT INTO zones (zone_id, zone_country_id, zone_code, zone_name) VALUES (null,203,'AB','Stockholm')

MANY THANKS TO MrPhil and JcMagpie for helping me to solve this issue.

Archived