• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bootstrap won't allow muliply languages

Hi Guys,

Since 2005 I used Oscommerce and my last edition was 2.3.4  since my host end of last year swap to PHP7+  I struckle.
I swapped to another hoster but then mij OSC mobile addon in my 2.3.X I get it not working good.

So I downloaded/uploaded the BS version which is responsive and started to multiply the languages section.   All english and renamed it to nl and de. Later can translate them.
When I goto configuration - modules - boxes to add and activate the language switcher for the left or right colum the database get corrupted and site then offline.

Somebody have the same results ?  

Something must have gone wrong with your installation - the bs version does support multiple languages.

I don't think I have ever tested the box module for switching language though, I have always used the navbar module which I think is a much better place for it anyway. As a box it's just using up screen space that could be selling something.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

enable error display in includes/application_top.php so you can see the problem:

// set the level of error reporting
  error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);
  ini_set("display_errors", 1);

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

...here's one I prepared earlier - a test site that has English and Danish: http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsbo/

have fun!

Archived