osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ce7

Hi,

file @ includes/modules/product_listing.php

the code start from

if (PRODUCT_LIST_NAME > 0) {

is for product name.

How can I define the code to detect if the product name request only 1(one) line length or 2 (two) lines length? As you can see from the attached image, if it is shorter product name, it will need only 1 line and the longer product name will need 2 lines which will make the square / price / button in different height level.

To make sure it has the same height, I like to know if the product name string is longer, then request extra <br>, how can I achieve this?

Many thanks!  Lyn

product_listing-name-string.PNG.9442cbc567e9344ee7a63c777b432a55.PNG

what's CE7? i don't know if the OP is using a version based on BS3 or BS4. If he is using a BS3 based osC, the problem can be solved by using flex, or he can search the forum for the equal height divs that was used before, but i don't know if that's reliable or not.

product_listing-name-string-02.PNG.193f2b2ce001bb91202cad6134d7b0e3.PNGproduct_listing-name-string-03.thumb.PNG.6d6d9851c97f39529cda93d22ce1e50a.PNGHi all there again,

@JcMagpie

@Hotclutch

I am using Boostrap CE frozen version. Not sure it is Boostrap 3 or Boostrap 4?

I did not change any template design yet, just the original codes from frozen with few other addons, but nothing touch the css file related to this so far.

The images on the top and at the bottom are the same webpage but in different browsing size. (the bottom one is full screen size)
and the height change, also the buttons position looks different.

So do i google " equal height divs " or "flex" to find solution?

Thanks again! Lyn

PS. sometimes the forums will show me alarm that i got reply sometimes I dont... like this one i did not get any alarm🤔

There should be an "equal height" fix available. I don't know if it's an add-on or a module to be turned on, but there should be something available for you to use. Search the add-ons for "equal height".

1 hour ago, MrPhil said:

There should be an "equal height" fix available. I don't know if it's an add-on or a module to be turned on, but there should be something available for you to use. Search the add-ons for "equal height".

I think it comes as part of the installed code...it probably just needs to be turned on. 

Dan

13 hours ago, Dan Cole said:

I think it comes as part of the installed code...it probably just needs to be turned on. 

Dan

Hi all there again,

@Dan Cole

@MrPhil

@Hotclutch

@JcMagpie

Thank you for the advises. I had checked on configuration, but i can not find anywhere that allow me to modify the equal height for product listing.

However I did search addon using "equal height" and this is the newest addon I think:
New Equal Height Module (bootstrap). I will give it a try after I fix the problem for the button on index for product listing - New products of the month, thank you again to all of you!

Lyn

check your files if the module is already there. It will be in the path .../includes/modules/header_tags/..

and it will be called something like ht_equal_height_divs.php

If you don't see it in Admin, it may be because you have to click the install button on the top right of Admin.

Hi all,

@Hotclutch

@JcMagpie

@MrPhil

@Dan Cole

@ArtcoInc

thank you for all the generous supports.

I had tried the New Equal Height Modules, which working great.

The index page is show as below:
735025884_quotebutton-04-IndexwEqualHeightModules.PNG.985f21f8f62f480e235f3c206681fdb8.PNG

The image below show equal height on New Products page:

2069920092_quotebutton-03-NewProductwEqualHeightModules.PNG.74670520e10b1d673dad87ae7354cfac.PNG

the QUOTE and VIEW looks in different height level (without full screen), but if put it as full screen, it actually will align as same height level.

What I am thinking of is to make button to be right each other, just like the one VIEW / BUY button on index page, that maybe will make the buttons looks in the same level height even if it is not full screen.

Or is there a better way to do it?

Thanks!  Lyn

Archived