• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing "welcome to my Shop" in index

René H4

Hi guys,

It's been a long day, had the fisical shop open for half a day, installed @burt 's 2019d2 and installed a new theme.

Now I have the welome message in the way. I cannot seem to find where I can turn it off.

Looked all over the place, but.....

Any hints?

Have you scanned (findstr in Windows, grep in Linux) for that text string? It should be in one of the language files. Then you'll have to find the code that outputs it and decide where the best place is to silence it. This assumes that there isn't some switch built-in to do it. Whether you're looking to just remove the one phrase, or ditch the whole page, will determine what to do.

6 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

Have you scanned (findstr in Windows, grep in Linux) for that text string? It should be in one of the language files. Then you'll have to find the code that outputs it and decide where the best place is to silence it. This assumes that there isn't some switch built-in to do it. Whether you're looking to just remove the one phrase, or ditch the whole page, will determine what to do.

I use agent ransak on my local backup to determine variables. Maybe I have to look further into this. I had hoped there was just a switch 🙂

Then it should be here as I said. CE frozen BS3 and BS4 it is here if you use another Lang then check in that Lang.

Store title in

includes/languages/english/modules/content/index/cm_i_title.php

simply edit  this line to chnage

const MODULE_CONTENT_I_TITLE_PUBLIC_TITLE = 'Welcome on %s';

or you can go to /includes/modules/content/index/templates/tpl_cm_i_title.php

and simply comment out this line like this to get rid of it.

<h1 class="display-4"><?php //echo sprintf(MODULE_CONTENT_I_TITLE_PUBLIC_TITLE, STORE_NAME); ?></h1>

Duh, the answer was in the manual.

I had to remove the following from the index.php file:

<div class="page-header">
//  <h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>
</div>

@JcMagpie : sorry but I do not have these files.

@ArtcoInc : I do not have this option.

Anyway, I succeeded ? 

It's been a long day.

47 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

Set enable to false

So true if it was CE? or is it!!!

Just goes to show what a farce the revision control on CE has become!

This is NOT in CE Frozen index.php BS3 or BS4

24 minutes ago, honda4 said:

<div class="page-header">
//  <h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>
</div>

So telling people this is totaly pointless!

1 hour ago, honda4 said:

I thought it was in my footer, sorry. 2.3.4.1 BS3 

This could be any mongrel version of CE! talk about making a stick for your own back!😂

@JcMagpie

8 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

So true if it was CE? or is it!!!

Just goes to show what a farce the revision control on CE has become!

This is NOT in CE Frozen index.php BS3 or BS4

So telling people this is totaly pointless!

I just tested in on my test install of Frozen, and it works. Otherwise, I would not have posted it here. YMMV

10 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

I just tested in on my test install of Frozen, and it works. Otherwise, I would not have posted it here. YMMV

Yes your right your solution was never in question! It's just the OP stated he could not find that in his install or even the files relating to it!

13 hours ago, honda4 said:

Now I have the welome message in the way. I cannot seem to find where I can turn it off.

11 hours ago, honda4 said:

@JcMagpie : sorry but I do not have these files.

@ArtcoInc : I do not have this option.

All this nonsense could be avoided with the simple use of a proper revision control like every other piece of software!

Zahid, it maybe nonsense for you, but it's not for me.

I am not a site builder, I am a user who does was is possible. And I am enjoying it.

I would be glad to explain it better having a good beer together, you'd understand better. No offence.

😂

you misunderstand it’s not your fault this mess exists. Do you know of any other bit of software where the user is expected to make there own revision control!

Most people know that if the change affects form, fit or function then the revision must change. It’s quite a simple really.

Well, I have worked at Hewllet-Packard for 14 years as a Project Manager, I think I know something about this subject.

But the software we had was mostly maintained by the income of support contracts.

Open Source is different.

That's why I am glad we have fora, I enjoy the Add-ons that you provide, and I am happy to support Gary for the work he does.

I'd wish I could have a support contract, and have patches installed professionally, but hey, it simply does not exist. 🙂

3 minutes ago, honda4 said:

Open Source is different.

Not true. open source is no excuse for not using revision control, but never mind we just have to accept that it's not going to happen and get on with things.

I am sorry if my answers caused you any confusion was not the intention.

Archived