• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Owner and self employee

kamalaikido

9 minutes ago, kamalaikido said:

I can not log in the administration area for the store

What version of oscommerce do you have? Or more specifically, does the login appear in a popup or on a page?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@kamalaikido

As @Jack_mcs asked, it is very important to know which version of osCommerce you have.

That said, a few more questions ...

1) Do you have a full backup of your shop, including all of the files *AND* the database?

2) Are you comfortable using cPanel, and database tools like phpMyAdmin?

Oh, and I assume that this is an active site, right? How long has it been life? Are you actually generating income with it, or is it more as a hobby site?

M

I do not know which version, I am not expert, when I log in, every thing is going well, till I got to the store or the admin, the user name is correct, when I click forget

password, I receive new password to my email, when I log with this password, it says incorrect password. I do not know how to log to my admin

Kamalaikido

7 hours ago, kamalaikido said:

when I log in, every thing is going well, till I got to the store or the admin, the user name is correct

Talk to your host and get access or ask them to look at your config files! In those you will find the admin user name and make sure it its the same as the one you think is correct.

If it is and you still have issues. Then you will need to either your self or ask your host to go to your db and just empty the administrators table and clear sessions. When this is done, then access your admin area again and you will be prompted to create a new username and password.

@kamalaikidoI'm confused about what the problem is. The shop consists of two parts: the shop, which is what customers see, and the admin, which is what only you can see. Initially it sounded like you were saying you could not login to your admin. But your last reply indicates you are trying to login to your account on the shop side. Please explain which it is.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

8 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Talk to your host and get access or ask them to look at your config files! In those you will find the admin user name and make sure it its the same as the one you think is correct.

That will give you the user name and password for the DATABASE, not how to log into the Admin portion of his site.

8 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

If it is and you still have issues. Then you will need to either your self or ask your host to go to your db and just empty the administrators table and clear sessions. When this is done, then access your admin area again and you will be prompted to create a new username and password.

If the developer used an .htaccess file to password protect the Admin directory (outside of the method built into Admin in osC), you can change the admin password through osC (or directly in the administrators table), but still not have access to the directory. In this case, you will have to go through your host's cPanel, and delete or rename the .htaccess file in the Admin directory.

M

57 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

That will give you the user name and password for the DATABASE, not how to log into the Admin portion of his site.

Yep this is true, but you would be surprised how many people use the same user name or password!

59 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

If the developer used an .htaccess file to password protect the Admin directory

Again you are right "IF" he has done that but again I find very few people make use of that aditional protection.

But still I think this is all mute as 16hr later and OP has not given any feedback!

Archived