• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Request info on Oscommerce CE 2.3.4.1

Good morning, sorry if they are questions already asked but I would like to know:

1) this version of Oscommerce (osCommerce CE 2.3.4.1) can be used for sites in production or is it a version being tested?
2) Is there a working SEO module for this version?
3) Does this version include the possibility to add the VAT number to the new customer registration data?
4) Is there an Italian translation of this version?

Thank you

The CE stands for Community Edition, its not an official osCommerce, and you should not expect any form of support if you choose to use it. It can be used in production with some modifications.

You will have to check the addons section to see which ones have been adapted for this version. There's no documentation, and no upgrade paths if you are running an old osC. You will have to search the forum for information wrt that. Can't comment on the italian language pack.

23 minutes ago, alexwebbing said:

1) this version of Oscommerce (osCommerce CE 2.3.4.1) can be used for sites in production or is it a version being tested?
2) Is there a working SEO module for this version?
3) Does this version include the possibility to add the VAT number to the new customer registration data?
4) Is there an Italian translation of this version?

1) Yes this can be used for live shop.

2) SEO is built into CE but aditional add-on's are availble if you need them.

3) No VAT number is not part of new account you will need to make add-on or edit code.

4) Not that I know of the only one I can find is this https://apps.oscommerce.com/n0kHT&italian-language-2-3-4

CE is the only up-to-date version ("Frozen", or if you don't mind being on the bleeding edge, "Edge"). Support is reasonable, as that version is what most advanced users are on. There's certainly at least as much support available as with any "official" version. "Frozen" is as production-ready as anything else.

If you're thinking about using osCommerce, and are not a top programmer, "Frozen" 2.3.4.1BS CE is the only way to go. Unfortunately, you will probably have to update any Italian language support yourself (please contribute it back as an add-on), and add-ons may need updating themselves. Yes, there is SEO. I have no idea about VAT entries.

Archived