• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CSS classes cm-header-xxxxxxx -- where ?

I notice content module classes such as  "cm-header-breadcrumb",  but cant find them in the code anywhere other than the templates where they are used.  Was hoping I could be schooled a bit on these?  Where are the defined, and/or is there something unique about this usage of class names.  What am I missing?

Thanks...

It is just a selector that has been added to the content module so you can use it to style the output if you wish.  Most of the newer modules have selectors added for that purpose. 

Dan

As Dan says: it means that you can add a simple rule to user.css to change the appearance of the breadcrumb only, without needing to edit any other file.

There's a different mindset when it comes to setting up your own implementation of osc with the responsive version; instead of diving in and tweaking the code here and there to get it just so, you can make radical changes with admin settings and css. Many of the addons make big changes to the appearance and function of the store without changing the core code (on the catalog side at least). Jquery can manipulate the content in the browser after it was generated by the server.

This is made easier by adding in extra classes identifying logical parts of the page which can then be picked up and used in css or jquery scripts but which aren't necessarily used in the code you get when you install your shop.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

My suggestion would be to delete all these "selectors", and as far as possible try to run without a custom.css and/or user.css. I don't like running a script with so many undefined classes.

These are called template files afterall, so it should not be a problem to add standard bootstrap classes to them. You would not be editing core code if that bothers you at all.

4 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

I don't like running a script with so many undefined classes.

Any particular reason?  I like the idea and flexibility of having predefined classes so visual changes can be made without touching core/template files.

Dan

30 minutes ago, Dan Cole said:

Any particular reason?  I like the idea and flexibility of having predefined classes so visual changes can be made without touching core/template files.

Dan

Bootstrap has predefined classes already that could be used. But if you don't want to edit files then i guess that is what you have to do. I delete them, totally not necessary IMO.

Archived