• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Change header and add a background to site

PLEASE HELP

I have little of no idea on how to change the the layout of the site in Edge BS and I have looked at the 27 pages in this forum and can't find what I need.The cart contents and checkout needs moving into the black area. The second My chart has to be removed. The header image has to extend across the entire page. Also adding a background image to the site. 

I have tried before but if someone can help with a somewhat detailed description I can make the changes. Also I took down the site and added a temporary index page,  I would like to make the changer and bring the site back on line.

Please help and Thank you in advance

Ray 

website.JPG

For this go to admin and make content width 12

image.png.c2de650ad867e0eaabd646a7ab8908bd.png

to move cart and checkout up change order in admin and change width to as required.

As for the background image a bit more complicated I assume you want to use a image for the full background. If yes then add this to your user.css change URL to your image directory and the file to that you wnat to use.

body {
  background-image: url("images/paper.gif");
}

You can get more info on using background images here

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

I guess I don't understand I would the make changes not change the color. "This is a add-on that makes the process of changing colors on your website a little simpler". I have already read this topic before posting.

OK, Thank you for your help and I will read it again.

Thank you Ray

😊 Ok I take it buttons is the header for the 3 so just edit it and turn it to false

image.png.9174175182e948269f3e36a956e09671.png

Then go to Navbar modules and turn on shoping cart and accounts, Checkout is not a stock navbar! not sure what the point of that is as shopping cart is the same thing.

As for the background image a bit more complicated I assume you want to use a image for the full background. If yes then add this to your user.css change URL to your image directory and the file to that you wnat to use.

body {
  background-image: url("images/paper.gif");
}

I would like to have an image just in the box where the products show in the entire box, not the full background.

30 minutes ago, ralgiere said:

Is there directions to set up a site to look like the test site? 

26 minutes ago, ralgiere said:

Is it possible to purchase it from you as a template? 

The test site is based on @burt  BS4 code you can contact him directly about this and his templates he has a number of these and I'm sure he will have one you will like.

17 minutes ago, ralgiere said:

I would like to have an image just in the box where the products show in the entire box, not the full background.

To do that I would need to know which section as you will need to find which class is beeing used on it and apply the css only to that section. The quickest way to check that will be for you to email me a link to your site and tell me which section. is the site is sensative then pm the link.

JcMagpie,

I wanted to thank you so very much for the hours you spent on my problem. I don't know if this is the correct place to thank you but Thank you so much for your help.

I am going to apply them as soon as I can fix the user.css It's not working and will not make the changes. Oh well that's a different problem and a different thread.

Thank you so much, you are a great person.

Ray

Archived