Latest News: (loading..)
sammoda82

Export products and categories from v3.0 Alpha 5

Hi There

Wonder if someone can help.
I have inherited an old website using OScommerce v3.0 Alpha 5.
I would like to export the products and categories to a CSV / Excel file with a view to importing into a more recent version of OSC.
Can anyone advise?

Thanks so much

Andrew

Export it as an .sql file, including the table structure. Install osC 2.3.4.1BS "Frozen" for your new store (do not use any other version), get its table structure (the oscommerce.sql file), compare the two, and modify your store's .sql file (structure and data) to match Frozen's structure. Then you can clear out the Frozen store sample data and import the modified .sql file. You'll also have to bring the product images over. That should do it.

A production store should never had been built with osC 3A5 -- it was only experimental (developmental).

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozen or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

11 hours ago, sammoda82 said:

I would like to export the products and categories to a CSV / Excel file

You can do this by simply going to your site admin and looking for phpAdmin which allows you to export from your data base.

1) go to phpAdmin

image.png.708af9d795cab039a9e7a043d0af6f56.png

2) Select the source database on the left pane.

image.png.8253a68170371c6ad9748e3160f84d03.png

3) click export

image.png.e0cb9b66d79fe9516269eb77a49c2098.png

4) select custom

image.png.ff78da330c66b43527459e3bd8964cfd.png

5) select the format you need ie CSV

image.png.e0792ea45b5edd0d5853ee7e056f8b76.png

6) Select only the tables you need. I would recomend doing it in satges. Do products then cats. Managing small amounts of data is better.

image.png.2cc89f690076fac3223af9429a75f756.png

7) You should not need to change any other settings, now press Go and you will be given the option to save the output file.

image.png.f36a0f2e248c6e3a7e751f26b8c478e1.png

Thats it. simply save the CSV file and make any changes you need and then you can import that file again using phpAdmin.

There are bound to be some small diferances between your old db and any new one.

simply output a CSV from yor new store compare the tow files and make the required changes if any to your CSV data set and import.

Just be careful what you use to edit and save the CSV files.

image.png