• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Oscommerce websites for sale?

chimol

Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums and I've since closed my store that I had with an oscommerce backend. I'm thinking about getting into it again and instead of building my store from scratch again...I wanted to know if there is anywhere on here that allows users to sell their sites (if they wanted to). I might just be missing it.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

No, there's nothing here to buy and sell sites. What would that do for you anyway? Getting the store itself installed is maybe 5% of the labor. The rest is customizing it to your needs, and loading your products.

Post in the Commercial Services area to get a quote on having someone set up your store for you.

If you're wanting to set up a new osC site, at least one of the users on here, who offers hosting, also installs osC for you as part of their hosting package.   If that is of any interest to you, please send me a PM and I'll provide you with further information.

Dan

@chimol

As others have implied, I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

Do you want to buy someone else's business, complete with their name and product line?

Or, do you want someone to install and set up an osCommerce site for you, under your name, and with your product line?

Or, is it something else?

M

I was looking to see if anyone already had a store setup that they may be looking to sell. I've gone down the road of loading oscommercr and then customizing the front end to make it look nice, but I got out of the business awhile back. Just didn't feel like reinventing the wheel and if some was interested in selling their established site I would like to talk further.

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

I have a HEAVILY modified OSC 2.3 I'm ditching in a month or so. Still working, gathering tons of sales everyday. I'm consolidating my websites into one huge store so this one will be gone. Of course, it would just be code and an empty database if I let it go. I have it set up with authorize.net but of course you could do whatever. The domain stays with me so I can forward my current customers. It might be a nice start, but you will, of course have to tweak the code to your satisfaction. And since I don't know what you're selling, I don't know if it would even be a good fit. 

• 10 months later...

So............. if i am correct.
You want to sell your store.
You just want it to put it in a nicer Jacket as where you left of?

No one stop you from "Upgrading" your current/old system to a newer version.

What you do after with it................ there is no area here for that.
There are other markets for that.

Keep in mind what you asking now for in public is:

Try to Sell an old Mercedes.
Bring it to the Mercedes Garage.( let tune it up by the engineers working in the garage)
Put YOUR Car in the "shop window"................ And let ignore the Dealer (osCommerce), their latest model!

you can let tune it up ( here).......... but put your store on amazon or eBay or another channel for selling it!

I personal not be against a forum (topic) for what you asking.

Archived