• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can anyone help this situation

Lord_Azure

I have a site that seems to work fine.

The problem I have is with admin, its been fine up until yesterday. Graphs showing at the top, drop down menu working down the side and the CKEditor on the boxes.

Today I come to put some more products on, and now the graphs have dissapeared and all the drop down menus are listed one after the other, and no CKEditor showing in any boxes.

I thought it might have been just the google browser but I have tried it in Edge and Explorer and its the same on that.

I thought then it would be the web site but I tried on another computer and it works fine, so its local to my laptop.

I havent done any settings changes. Its just started happening today. I cant add any more products until its fixed.

Please help.

If the site is fine on another computer, perhaps something in the browser cache is messed up. Try clearing your browser cache and try again. Or, you can press Ctrl+F5 on a bad page, but you might have to do this for a number of pages.

1 hour ago, Lord_Azure said:

Its the same on Chrome, Edge and Explorer.

Unless you made some changes you have forgotten about the site in unlikely to have changed on it's own! First check your error log to see if it has any clues in it. Then try the site on another machine and see if it's working as it should. If it's working fine on other machines it's not going to be an issue with the site.

I know you said you cleared the cache already but be sure you did it fully! Browsers have a horiable habit of hanging onto stuff these days. Do it manualy by going into the setting and clearing all browser data.

1 hour ago, Lord_Azure said:

graphs have dissapeared and all the drop down menus are listed one after the other, and no CKEditor showing in any boxes.

This  problem is normaly caused by a bad module, you have either installed or turned on a admin moduel that is not working properly and its messed up the admin display. Only you will know which?

Also your admin layout styling is set by admin/includes/stylesheet.css  make sure its not been edited or corrupted in any way.

If your still stuck pm a image of the admin as it may give a better idea of what is going on.

I will look at my virus checker but I have done some digging of my own.

It seems I have a problem with Jquery. If I bring up the java help console i get these errors on the front page

jquery-2.2.3.min.js:3 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.js:6 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
jquery.flot.min.js:7 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at jquery.flot.min.js:7
jquery.flot.time.min.js:7 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at jquery.flot.time.min.js:7
jquery.js:5 Uncaught Error: jQuery should be loaded before CKEditor jQuery adapter.
    at jquery.js:5
    at jquery.js:10
(index):25 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at (index):25
(index):58 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at (index):58
(index):85 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at (index):85
(index):151 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at (index):151
2(index):290 A parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.1/jquery.min.js, is invoked via document.write. The network request for this script MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity. If blocked in this page load, it will be confirmed in a subsequent console message. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.

I also have another store and that one is working fine.

From what you discribed I take it this is what you are seeing in your admin?

image.png.c18e3677e7646deb7b2dcfedbca1f6f4.png

If this is true then do this.

in the pc/laptop giving this result open firfox and in the browser type this

image.png.3d4c333295e989eaa87fce57c8a90923.png

then accept the risk

image.png.1b8cfef47249ad44a57f6d21ef178558.png

Then enter this into search bar and make sure both are set to true! You should now have js enabled on firefox again. Why or how you lost it who knows.

image.png.e20262d9c5e131bf04bed1839b07b008.png

Thanx JCMagpie, that didnt work.

javascript.enabled is true, but there isnt the services one.

And yes, the admin does look like that. I use chrome as default. 

Its really strange because I run another shop on the same computer and that runs as normal, its as if its the one site thats at fault, yet on a different machine it works fine.

That may be true but it is js blocking that is the cause, you will need check the settings on the machine causing the problem as you may have added your site to a block list. If that's the case then it will only work once the block have been removed in chrome you can see this here,

From Chrome Settings

1. Perform one of the following sets of steps in Chrome:
    • In Chrome, select “Menu 3-dots-menu-icon.png > “Settings“> “Advanced” > “Content settings…” > “JavaScript“.
    • Type “chrome://settings/content/javascript” in the address bar, then press “Enter
  2. Scroll down and select the “Adv” option, then select the “Content settings…” button.
  3. Toggle the setting to “Allowed” or “Blocked” as desired. Optionally, you can allow or block JavaScript on specific websites by selecting the “Manage exceptions…” button and adding the URL of the website under the “Hostname Pattern” field. From there, set the “Behavior” to “Block” or “Allow“. You can even block partial sections of websites

image.png.92b2fc77d1ac2af29603ed7b5e7487d7.png

Hi,

stupid question: The laptop is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi and your other computer via ethernet (LAN)?

https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.1/jquery.min.js, is invoked via document.write. The network request for this script MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity.

This is the important part of the error messages: Poor network connectivity. That's why the javascript was blocked by your browser.

Connect your laptop via ethernet to the internet and try again.

AD

THnx Angus, That would seem feasable as yes the computers are linked as you say. Is there a way of unblocking them? The laptop was working fine for some 1500 products, and then this happens.

I have a 200mbps connection using fibre optics, thie shouldnt even be slow

Your over-all internet-speed doesn't matter. If your wireless-connection is poor, then you get this error. 

Check the wireless-setting in your router. Try to switch channels and maybe this is enough to improve your connection again.

Or try this: Download a copy of the javascript-file, upload it to your server and adjust the path to the javascript in your "includes\template_top.php"(?), or wherever the .js is being loaded.

AD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Thanx for your help so far.

I have tried the network, I now have a super fast wifi. One of the fastest gaming routers you can get.

I have downloaded the file and uploaded it to the jquery folder and changed the name of the file in application_top

I have then checked all devices and its still the same on them all, including tablets and phones.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, Lord_Azure said:

I thought then it would be the web site but I tried on another computer and it works fine, so its local to my laptop.

Not sure how we can help on this as it's nothing to do with osC.  As you said the site is fine on other machines. If your machine is still doing the same then you simply have not manged to remove the block that is in place on that machine.

or are you now saying it happens on any machine? Even out side your network.

Hi, On the machine that is linked via ethernet its fine.

If I connect laptop through ethernet, and disable wifi, it still remains the same. I have tried it on my phone, and its not just the admin, it wont work the java on the web site either to bring the popup for the image.

I really dont know what to do now, i was able to cut and paste from my dropship site to my admin for the products, but i cant do that now because the CKEditor does not even work. I really dont know what else to do myself.

Is there a place that holds information on the website that tells what devices have connected and what connection they are?

nothing is showing on the error logs

i did delete all the sessions from the server and guess what, its not just the other computers, its effected the main computer too now.

trying to overwrite all files at the moment with a backup i made before the error

if that fails, i might have to put on a fresh install and backup from a sql backup

@Lord_Azure

This is a long shot, but ....

Do your machine(s) connected via ethernet use a different DNS and DHCP server than the ones connected via WiFi?

I ask only because I had a situation where some computers here could access the internet, and some couldn't. It turned out that the machines that had a hard coded IP and DNS addresses could access the internet, and the ones that used DHCP couldn't, because my router that was handing out IP and DNS addresses had a hickup. Fixing the router fixed my problem.

HTH

M

Archived